Was Ted Kennedy innocent in the chappaquitick incident?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Bush was innocent because he is retarded like me. If you don't know what you're doing, then you can't be guilty.

you can still be found guilty even if you don't know what you did is illegal.

have you never heard 'ignorance of the law is no excuse'?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Ted Kennedy was as innocent as the new driven snow because he was a victim of temporary insanity due to self inflicted drunkenness. But still there is no way to wall paper away the fact that Mary Joe Kopenknie died as a result. I would like to believe a sober Ted Kennedy would have gone to heroic efforts to save Mary Joe, but when you are drunk, drunks just don't don't tend to think rationally. I am sure that is a revelation to some, but Ted Kennedy never repeated that mistake.

Ted knew what he was doing when he got into the vehicle drunk.

It was not temp insantity unles one wants to excuse him.

He also, did not learn his lesson. He still drank; just was never formaly caught and charged.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I think he was because he had low self control and if he couldn't help others in a good way... then he couldn't help himself. If he couldn't help himself, then he couldn't control himself.

FDR had an excuse but not a reason for the massacre at Pearl Harbor, so he was probably innocent too... his reasoning ability was relatively poor compared to civil society.

Hitler, OTOH, had full control over his intuitive mind (and he was perfectly capable of foreseeing the future) and over others so I think he was incredibly culpable... Stalin, FDR, and Churchill damaged civilization more because they could not be civil themselves so they won the war.

In other words, Hitler's self control and civility (considering how poor he was brought up compared to FDR and Churchill) was much higher than that of the other three so Hitler was more culpable... Churchill and Stalin gave Hitler gas, so Hitler didn't like them. Churchill chose to start war and didn't support a pro-refugee policy and by doing so, he let the Jews die. FDR did the same thing on a smaller scale.

If my cumulative reasoning ability isn't above the average of the society I'm in, then I'm completely innocent of not only this post, but everything else I do as well.

Critique/comment on this please.:)
Don't forget that David Duke is an idiot and that he's of middle eastern palestinian gentile stock rather than pure european. I don't want to be like David Duke and I'm worried that I'm of the same stock that he was born of.

No, he wasn't.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
if he was never found guilty in a trial, then he is innocent. Period.

Welcome to the greatest country on Earth.

The right wing nut jobs just want the influential liberal senator fall from grace. It's quite sad.

He was found guilty. Not of murder, because generally at the time drunk driving was not found to be intent or reckless disregard. This was largely before MADD.

I think if the same incident happened today, he would have been found guilty of something in the homicide spectrum.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Who gives a fuck it happened like 40 years ago.

What he did then may have since had an impact on your young life and also others that he or Mary Joe might have touched.

The responsibility of death changes a person.