was jesus an illegal alien?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
If the hippies were anything remotely close to Jesus, the Vietnam war would have ended a lot earlier.

The hippies could have used a little advice from MLK Jr...
"We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline."

Instead they conducted their struggle while high.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
What I don't like is the amnesty program from God. I mean, we can break the laws (sin) and still get into heaven? Is that fair to the people who haven't sinned? It's like we're cutting in front of the line. That isn't fair. And by having this amnesty program, all it does is encourage people to go into heaven illegally. I just don't like it.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Well the mormons believed that Jesus lived in Missouri, so I would say yes, he is an illegal alien.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I need to pay better attention in Church. As a Mormon, I was never told that Jesus lived in Missouri. Jesus in his mortal lifetime never left the middle east. He might have visited Damascus or the areas surrounding Isreal.

There are some ancient texts referencing that Jesus after being resurrected visited other people. In the Book of Mormon it details that Christ visited the Americas after his resurection.

There are also some ancient Native American legends and stories about how they were visited by a person they called by various names like the Pale Healer, and the Lord of Air and the Water, and other various names. There are stories of this person having control over the storms and the Seas and having traveled on the boats of the Chan Chan Trading empire out of South America, and visiting the Toltec Empire. The Toltecs Predate the Aztecs. It is their calendar that is sometimes referred to the Myan Calendar.

See the book titled "He walked the Americas", Taylor Hansen.

Her father co-authored the Tektonic Plate theory.

She was an anthropologist and egyptologist among other things.

The book is still in print by Kingdom Press out of Hong Kong.

http://www.geocities.com/willow1d/amer.html
http://www.wovoca.com/he-walked-the-americas/
http://www.amazon.com/He-Walke...&qid=1198181579&sr=1-2

According to John Christ Created the Earth (under the direction and with the power of God) and it is his footstool. Jesus Christ is not an Alien, he is the alpha and the omega.

Feb 6, 2007
I'd say a disproportionate number of people named Jesus are of questionable legality regarding their immigration status.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: piasabird
I need to pay better attention in Church. As a Mormon, I was never told that Jesus lived in Missouri. Jesus in his mortal lifetime never left the middle east. He might have visited Damascus or the areas surrounding Isreal.

There are some ancient texts referencing that Jesus after being resurrected visited other people. In the Book of Mormon it details that Christ visited the Americas after his resurection.

You're right, I was mistaken, you believe that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri and that Indians are the lost children of Israel.

I've got it straight now.

Madwand1

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Lemon law
I thought Jesus as a young man embarked on a journey to India. And then came back to become an irritant to both the Romans and the existing Jewish religious establishment.

That's open to debate/speculation. The Muslims believe it and it's in the Quran, and some Hindu and Buddhist groups speak of Isa the prophet from the west, but there's no historical proof to it. It's plausible though.

The OP was referring to something else though, from the Gospel of Luke.

There are references to Jesus traveling to India after crucifixion and living there until death, but at face value at least, such ideas do little more than fuel various sorts of divisive propaganda.

There is another way of looking at this -- even if this is nothing more than wishful thinking -- the attempts by some people to make such associations is a positive force for unification. Christian spirit if you will.

BBC documentary -- Jesus in Kashmir:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXCZFRsyl8

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Kadarin
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: Donny Baker
Originally posted by: Lemon law
I thought Jesus as a young man embarked on a journey to India. And then came back to become an irritant to both the Romans and the existing Jewish religious establishment.

That's open to debate/speculation. The Muslims believe it and it's in the Quran, and some Hindu and Buddhist groups speak of Isa the prophet from the west, but there's no historical proof to it. It's plausible though.

Jesus was a hippie.

QFT

Unless he lived in the '60s, I doubt it.

Jesus was the archetype.

sigh... the hippies only wish. He was actually a political radical in an occupied country.
what politics was Christ involved with?

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by: StormRider
I mean, we can break the laws (sin) and still get into heaven? Is that fair to the people who haven't sinned?

According to God, everyone has except His Son.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: loki8481
as his parents fled into Egypt?

/random christmas-inspired question

Back in old days they called the illegal aliens by another term..... slaves.

Except the Jews FLED from Egypt, not sneak into it to get cheap labor jobs making bricks to send money back to Israel.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Train
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: loki8481
as his parents fled into Egypt?

/random christmas-inspired question

Back in old days they called the illegal aliens by another term..... slaves.

Except the Jews FLED from Egypt, not sneak into it to get cheap labor jobs making bricks to send money back to Israel.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.