was jesus an illegal alien?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No. Egypt, Judea, Galilee, and Samaria were all Roman territories at that time.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: loki8481
as his parents fled into Egypt?

/random christmas-inspired question

Back in old days they called the illegal aliens by another term..... slaves.

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Nitemare
I saw Jesus selling bags of oranges on the onramp

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

EDIT:

Whoa I just caught that you said ON-RAMP, ok that would take the big guy to pull off selling oranges at that speed.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The name Jesus in Spanish translates as Joshua in English, just like Diego is James and Guillermo is William.
Christ they call Jesu. In ancient Aramaic, the name was Yeshua. It means "God saves." That became Iesus in Greek, the letter I evolved into the modern English letter J with its almost unique sound, and there you go.

Haven't we had this discussion before?

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic
The name Jesus in Spanish translates as Joshua in English, just like Diego is James and Guillermo is William.
Christ they call Jesu. In ancient Aramaic, the name was Yeshua. It means "God saves." That became Iesus in Greek, the letter I evolved into the modern English letter J with its almost unique sound, and there you go.

No I think you had this discussion before.

moer funnah less hitsory!!~!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Considering his Father was not of this Earth, the "alien" part of the claim is true.

pfft... that's just what Mary wanted Joseph to believe.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I thought Jesus as a young man embarked on a journey to India. And then came back to become an irritant to both the Romans and the existing Jewish religious establishment.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
I thought Jesus as a young man embarked on a journey to India. And then came back to become an irritant to both the Romans and the existing Jewish religious establishment.

That's open to debate/speculation. The Muslims believe it and it's in the Quran, and some Hindu and Buddhist groups speak of Isa the prophet from the west, but there's no historical proof to it. It's plausible though.

The OP was referring to something else though, from the Gospel of Luke.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

i thought it was from 'jew-god'?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i thought it was from 'jew-god'?

That's another bit that's up for debate. The name of the actual Jewish prophet was Joshua. The gnostic Greek god was Yah-Zeus the Annoited One (Cristos).

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001

That's open to debate/speculation. The Muslims believe it and it's in the Quran, and some Hindu and Buddhist groups speak of Isa the prophet from the west, but there's no historical proof to it. It's plausible though.

Jesus was a hippie.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Donny Baker

Jesus was a hippie.

QFT

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Stoneburner

Jesus was a hippie.

QFT

Unless he lived in the '60s, I doubt it.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

Jesus was a hippie.

QFT

Jesus was the archetype.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Kadarin

Jesus was a hippie.

QFT

Jesus was the archetype.

sigh... the hippies only wish. He was actually a political radical in an occupied country.