Was it really box cutters and plastic knives used by the 9/11 hijackers?

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by conjur, May 2, 2004.

1. conjur

conjur No Lifer

http://edwardjayepstein.com/nether_fictoid9.htm

2. tnitsuj

tnitsuj Diamond Member

BS story with not a shred of supporting evidence.

3. MonstaThrilla

MonstaThrilla Golden Member

I always had the impression that they used X-acto type knives. In fact, I "smuggled" one in my carry-on the other month, not realizing I had it until I unpacked after my flight. Furthermore, security has gotten much more lax at the gates in recent months. No more random searches at the gate, no more ID checks at the gate(even though those were pretty useless anyway). Although as I was passing through the main terminal screening area before a flight a few days ago, I noticed a 70 year old woman being given the metal detector treatment. Pretty ridiculous...

Anywho, I think the reason more questions about the details of 9/11 haven't been asked or answered (and why there are a plethora of conspiracy theories about it), is because the American public simply doesn't want to know the horrid details of that day. It would be too painful. The US government is more than happy to oblige and skirt responsibility. Mutual blissful ignorance. It will be the downfall of our great nation.

:beer:

4. Ozoned

Ozoned Diamond Member

Makes you wonder....

5. Bulk Beef

Bulk Beef Diamond Member

The whole box cutter story is a BIG FAT LIE.

In fact, so is the whole hijacking story.

This woman knows what's up.

6. Zephyr106

Zephyr106 Banned

I heard that there were actually air marshalls on the hijacked planes, but the terrorists were wearing tinfoil hats which deflected the bullets.

Zephyr

7. SagaLore

SagaLore Elite Member

Knives and Box Cutters

Maybe she made it up.

Box cutters found on other September 11 flights

The Hijackings

8. NeoV

NeoV Diamond Member

isn't it very likely that the terrorists said they had to a bomb to keep the passengers at bay, since they really didn't have any weapons other than box cutters/knives?

Why have I never heard of the call with the "chemical weapon" or gunshot before?

9. rudder

rudder Lifer

As a former airline pilot I could tell you if a flight attendent came to the cockpit and said a passenger had a bomb, that would be a very serious event. Up until 9/11 the conventional thinking in airplane hostage situations was to give into the terrorists demands then get the plane safely on the ground and let negotiators do their job. With this thinking it is very easy to see how a terrorist could easily gain access ot eh cockpit and take over an airplane with a simpe lie and some boxcutters. The pilots on these flights probably acted the way they were supposed to as trained by thier respective companies.

10. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

The training responses are easily obtained, so the pilot reactions could be predicted. The only wild card would be the passengers response. All the informaiton is wqritten in manuals, that could easily become available. Also, some generic training may be done during the flight schools providing inside knowledge.