Warsow has finally hit 1.0

12andy

Jan 20, 2011
http://www.warsow.net/

For those not familiar with this twitch-shooter (from the site itself):

Warsow is set in a futuristic cartoonish world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets. It is a completely free, fast-paced first-person shooter for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

Speed and movement is what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge, and walljump your way through the game. Grab power-ups before your enemy does, plant a bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy’s flag before they know what is going on!

Our goal is to offer a fast and fun competitive first-person shooter without hard graphical violence - Warsow has no blood or guts flying around. Red stars instead of blood indicate hits and colored cubes replace guts as gib effects.

Oct 30, 2004
It sounds too danged floaty-dodgey and like it's more of a jumping game than a shooter. What kinds of online player counts does it have?

12andy

Jan 20, 2011
Community is very small still. Its physics are similar to that of Q3's CPM, so yes, there's a lot of emphasis on movement to gain an advantage over your opponent(s). Needless to say, the movement itself is quite fun.

I got that malicious error as well, but MS Security Essentials never picked anything up. I trust these devs. :p

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
LMAO if that is not a Quake 3 Arena RIP off then..... I dont know what is :)

But I like it (from watching trailer vids ect).... only thing its missing is "unique" sound effects from all actions taken in map, so you can "hear" what your opponents are up to (if you learn the maps) and make guesses as to what directions their going ect ect.

^ the above "sound effects" part, was what made Quake 1 epic beyound belief.
Shame no other first person shooter has really given me that same feeling since.... then again, I dont play many shooters these days.

chrome identifies the installer as "this file appears malicious"
Devs need to fix that, im guessing its scareing off alot of people.
Personally wont give it a try, but even if I was tempted too, something like that would make me go "nah not worth it".

Last edited: