Warriors = best franchise in sports

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Or they just have an awesome PR dept :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/...vTJVVh2DK9A&refer=home

Cliff's: Reporter declares himself a free agent and sends out a letter to all major sports teams stating so.

Of the 122 teams he sent it out to, 9 sent back a reply of any sort..and here's what the Warriors did:

Speaking of jerseys, the Warriors sent me one. It had No. 1 and my last name on the back. That was the least of their pitch.

The Warriors also 1) called to say they wanted me and asked for a photo, 2) had 28 employees from various departments send e-mails, 3) had fellow New Yorker and General Manager Chris Mullin call to make the team's case, 4) sent me a ``We Believe'' slogan T-shirt with my face on it 5) put together a mock press release announcing a new fan acquisition, 6) included a highlight DVD with rookies wearing my jersey, 7) sent me a $1, lifetime contract, signed by Mullin, that begins on Sept. 1 (the dollar was taped to the contract). The deal includes financial incentives, too, such as $10 for appearing at all National Basketball Association Finals games in which the Warriors play.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
he declared himself a free agent as a fan, that's even better

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Wow. I'm impressed by the owner of the team that offered his front row seats and an intorduction to the players and basically everything the warriors did.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
That's fantastic. :thumbsup:

A lot of franchises just don't get it. Obviously the Warriors don't have that problem. :)

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Absolutely amazing. They took the time to respond and really really thought out their effort.

While the sharks bored him with some essay, I'm glad my favorite sports franchise responded.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
lol I am a Mavs fan and even I can't be mad at the Warriors after they do something that awesome.

Smart business decision, really. $1 for a fan for life. I am sure most franchises spend way more than $1/viewer or fan.

PaNsyBoy8

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2001
didn't david stern come out and say warriors fans are the most loyal or something along those lines?