Warren says withholding aid to Israel is ‘on the table’ to curb settlements

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What I find amusing and sad and pathetic is this thread was never started to talk about the legality of the Israeli settlements!
Nor was it started to bash Israel, yet we see peoples true colors coming out!
I for one am in that group that I don`t care either way! What I don`t understands is the outright hatred for Israel!
Most Israelis do not agree what is being done with the settlements. As you all have seen over the years it is very difficult to install a totally new government!
With that said -- It is my opinion that Warren`s handlers made a serious error in judgement that will cost her any chance at being POTUS!!
With that said -- she could have kept her mouth shut and waited until she was in office to lower the boom so to speak!!

A few of you have posted that Israel is in violation of the Geneva Convetion!
That is open to discussion even amongst International Law Scholars!!
Here is a link that say NO they are not and gives a detailed reason why --
Then we have this -- https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Israel-not-follow-the-Geneva-Convention

I am out!!
Shalom aleikhem - שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם‬

Nov 8, 2012
What I find amusing and sad and pathetic is this thread was never started to talk about the legality of the Israeli settlements!
I for one am in that group that I don`t care either way! What I don`t understands is the outright hatred for Israel!
Most Israelis do not agree what is being done with the settlements. As you all have seen over the years it is very difficult to install a totally new government!
With that said -- It is my opinion that Warren`s handlers made a serious error in judgement that will cost her any chance at being POTUS!!
With that said -- she could have kept her mouth shut and waited until she was in office to lower the boom so to speak!!

Then we have this -- https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Israel-not-follow-the-Geneva-Convention

I am out!!

The hatred is... pretty damn simple... Folks here think white people are evil - and they associate jewish people with whites (for whatever reason, which isn't true in the slightest).

Palestines are all innocent poor brown people that definitely play by the rules at all time - and definitely don't randomly shoot rockets at random innocent people. They also definitely don't have a history of violence, death, destruction, and proclaiming that they will kill. Nope. Never.

• Haha
Reactions: JEDIYoda

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
The hatred is... pretty damn simple... Folks here think white people are evil - and they associate jewish people with whites (for whatever reason, which isn't true in the slightest).

Palestines are all innocent poor brown people that definitely play by the rules at all time - and definitely don't randomly shoot rockets at random innocent people. They also definitely don't have a history of violence, death, destruction, and proclaiming that they will kill. Nope. Never.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I personally think that people who force others off their land at gunpoint are, in fact, evil. It doesn't really matter what color they are.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Screw Israel and their moronic ways. Let them deal with the ME by themselves. Both dems and reps are sick of their crap. I don't see why the US should keep supporting them. And no, I am not an anti-semite.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Screw Israel and their moronic ways. Let them deal with the ME by themselves. Both dems and reps are sick of their crap. I don't see why the US should keep supporting them. And no, I am not an anti-semite.
The republicans are not sick of their behavior. Most Democrats people are tired of Israel's systematic harsh repression of Arabs within Israel's borders.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Point out where Trump asked for dirt? So what the Dems are now claiming is anything that Trump does as President can be considered personal gain for campaign purposes?

Why ask anyone to point it out when both Trump and his Chief of Staff very publicly, and very clearly, admitted to exactly doing that, over the course of many weeks...again and again?

Why is this so hard for you? There are absolute confessions from the accused. What more should you demand?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Imagine if the GOP actually cared for Americans the way they care for Israel...

GOP "concern" for Israel is an interesting thing.

The reality is that the GOP needs and supports these war-and-murder-mongering ways of Israel because they absolutely need to see as many Jews being murdered as Palestinians. They need both to be killing each other at epic rates, because this is what keeps the blood flowing in their trapped evangelical base. These fucks absolutely believe that Jesus will return only when the Jews and Palestinians have gone about systemically murdering each other to the point where there is no turning back. They believe this to their core, and they only support Israel with the full knowledge that doing so, is direct support of increased, unending violence in that area. ....all so that their Christian Zombie shall one day return, as promised, and take them to heaven and mercilessly punish all those that aren't them (because Republicans and Evangelicals can't have anything "good" if "the others" aren't subsequently punished. That's how things work in their brains).

This isn't hyperbole. It's plain truth.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

How on earth did you ever come to this fundamentally brainless conclusion?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

I am out!!

Im not anti isreal but why do they need aid? I get giving them access to military purchases. Is that the aid? If its just money to build schools or whatever then I dont think they need that. Isreal is a first world country.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
How on earth did you ever come to this fundamentally brainless conclusion?

That sounds about right to me! Judging by the opinions of posters in this thread how could you not come to a different conclusion? Enquiring minds want to know?

Don’t get into this I am not an anti Semite , if people feel there is a need to say such a thing then perhaps people need to look in the mirror!

After all the Palestinians can do no wrong. As was stated above! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump is on tv right now justifying leaving the Kurds to their fate with "let somebody else fight over this blood stained sand". Letting Bibil put all Israel's eggs in this particular basket is a mistake on innumerable levels.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Warren has been near the front for me. Between this and her going after Facebook's BS, she might have just solidified herself as my favorite candidate. The fascist behavior of Israel simply cannot be tolerated any longer.

Reactions: KMFJD

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Warren has been near the front for me. Between this and her going after Facebook's BS, she might have just solidified herself as my favorite candidate. The fascist behavior of Israel simply cannot be tolerated any longer.

You think? Think about it!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
You think? Think about it!

jedi. You have to agree that the situation in Israel is complicated with no really good solutions. Should we let Palestinians zerg rush Israel? No. Should we let Israel wipe out their culture and existence? No. So whats the right blend of how that stuff should play out?

Reactions: KMFJD

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
jedi. You have to agree that the situation in Israel is complicated with no really good solutions. Should we let Palestinians zerg rush Israel? No. Should we let Israel wipe out their culture and existence? No. So whats the right blend of how that stuff should play out?

They should be forced to live together as well as go to work and school together and their government should consist of both people.

In time as new generations grow up with each other no one will give a fuck what religion or what someone’s background is.

But hey, I’ve heard segregation works too./eye roll

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Hyperbole at it's best. Count to 10.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Nov 8, 2012
They should be forced to live together as well as go to work and school together and their government should consist of both people.

In time as new generations grow up with each other no one will give a fuck what religion or what someone’s background is.

Because Palestine just wants to peacefully integrate....

Fucking lulz.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

That is working out real well for the Colored people in the USA...….

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

The problem is if Palestinians plant bombs and blow people up like they were doing in 2000 mixing them up isnt going to work.