Warren says withholding aid to Israel is ‘on the table’ to curb settlements

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
There's whole world of difference between a suicide bomber close enough to kill you and a medic a few hundred yards away from you who doesn't hear the sound of your weapon until the round you sent their way has entered their chest.

_______

I guess I simply respectfully disagree. I do not believe human life is worthy of being saved.

If you feel launching rockets at random people (ESPECIALLY non-military) is a useful accomplishment, I hold zero value in you.

IF you think it is worth of giving medical attention to the line above this one, I hold zero value in you.

To each their own.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Make sure to hug the next 12 year old suicide bomber that shows up to your place.

How long should I wait?

I’m guessing at least 13 years since that will be how long it will take for the ISIS prisoners your boy let escape to procreate.

Nov 8, 2012
How long should I wait?

I’m guessing at least 13 years since that will be how long it will take for the ISIS prisoners your boy let escape to procreate.

"Your boy"? Kinda hard to me "my boy" when I didn't vote for him. Didn't vote 3rd party either.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
If you feel launching rockets at random people (ESPECIALLY non-military) is a useful accomplishment, I hold zero value in you.
Because saying I disapprove of snipers shooting unarmed Medics is the same as saying I approve of people firing rockets at civilians. if you think that I couldn't care less about what you value.
That being said have a good life.

_________

Nov 8, 2012
Because saying I disapprove of snipers shooting unarmed Medics is the same as saying I approve of people firing rockets at civilians. if you think that I couldn't care less about what you value.
That being said have a good life.

_________

I just don't follow - Just because an enemy doesn't ACTIVELY FIRE BULLETS AT YOU doesn't meant they are not an active threat against you. That is simply silly.

A medic is NOT a fucking civilian either. That is simply nuts.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This whole anti-Israel thing really is getting out of hand.

These incredibly moronic democrats that are anti-Israel obviously have the intelligence level of 12 year old because they clearly have no history of the situation.

It's just - EVIL WHITE JEWS oppressing poor brown muslims that just want to pray.

Yeah sure buddy, that's the full story. Whatever you want to tell yourselves. Notice this only comes from the mouths of the fucking morons of the democrats. No real competent candidates would say something so stupid.
I guess if Warren threatened to hold up aid to get dirt on Trump you would feel better??

Israel's GDP is 34th in the world. Meanwhile Ukraine is 59 yet you don't consider Trump anti Ukraine?? Russia is 12th.

Why can't Israel provide money for their own defense? I'm ok with technology sharing.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
Do you mind looking up what the definition of a strawman argument is instead of making posts insinuating a bunch of people are doing it? Thanks.

Continuously falsely stating an argument is a strawman doesn't make it one.

In addition, posts of simple 1 to 2 sentence posts that do not offer a competent argument reply doesn't do anything in regards to a debate.

Straw is straw and that's what that wee rant of your is filled with. That's generally what most of your posts are filled with, caricatures and straw delivered through little rants like the above.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There's whole world of difference between a suicide bomber close enough to kill you and a medic a few hundred yards away from you who doesn't hear the sound of your weapon until the round you sent their way has entered their chest.

_______
You really want to go there??
OK,let go there!!
I suppose you would also agree that hiding arms and rockets in hospitals and hiding in hospitals and using human shields are permissible??

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Nice try!! Where is your imaginary sniper friend when you need him?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
You really want to go there??
OK,let go there!!
I suppose you would also agree that hiding arms and rockets in hospitals and hiding in hospitals and using human shields are permissible??
Israel has the superior Army. They get billions dollars of aid from the U.S. Yet they still need to shoot unarmed medics? Do you really want to argue that since the Palestinian leadership has done such things that it's ok for Israel to cede the moral high ground as well?

I'll say it again Israel will be a better off without the leadership of Netanyahu.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
...Absolutely?

Yes, yes I am. If someone launches a FUCKING ROCKET. Every. Single. Fucking. Person... that supports said person that shot the rocket... Is now an enemy worthy of being killed....

To quote a very common quote - "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

Christ, if a militant group sends a 12 year old to do a suicide bomb - but then they send in a medic afterwards, do you make sure not to shoot? Do you see how dumb that sounds?

So you would be quite fine with a Taliban fighter sniping one of our medics because a US military jet fired a missile at his village killing most of its occupancy?

Reactions: KMFJD

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Israel has the superior Army. They get billions dollars of aid from the U.S. Yet they still need to shoot unarmed medics? Do you really want to argue that since the Palestinian leadership has done such things that it's ok for Israel to cede the moral high ground as well?

I'll say it again Israel will be a better off without the leadership of Netanyahu.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
Good, Israel's settlements are illegal under international law, and the US should take steps to stop supporting such violations.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Israel (by its actions) is a rogue nation propped up into 'legitimacy' by powerful Zio-lobby groups in the US. Much of Israels action is suppressed by MSM, but is documented by international human rights agencies. The degree of impunity is breathtaking for a nation that claims to share common values with the West.

More than 6,000 unarmed demonstrators were shot by military snipers, week after week at the protest sites by the separation fence.
The Commission investigated every killing at the designated demonstration sites by the Gaza separation fence on official protest days. The investigation covered the period from the start of the protests until 31 December 2018. 189 Palestinians were killed during the demonstrations inside this period. The Commission found that Israeli Security Forces killed 183 of these protesters with live ammunition. Thirty-five of these fatalities were children, while three were clearly marked paramedics, and two were clearly marked journalists...

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
...Absolutely?

Yes, yes I am. If someone launches a FUCKING ROCKET. Every. Single. Fucking. Person... that supports said person that shot the rocket... Is now an enemy worthy of being killed....

To quote a very common quote - "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

Christ, if a militant group sends a 12 year old to do a suicide bomb - but then they send in a medic afterwards, do you make sure not to shoot? Do you see how dumb that sounds?
Rules of war? Its like in the first week or so.

Reactions: KMFJD

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
If the cowardly hypocritical Democrat liberal phonies have no problem doing business with China who is systematically wiping out mosques and the Muslim identity in Xinjiang by the millions, they certainly should have no problem doing business with Israel, aid or other business dealings over a few settlements.

Also, isn't it ironic how all those Muslim countries who cry about the treatment of Palestinians to the world, who are no more than pawns to them against Israel, are strangely silent or praise China's human rights record.

Last week, 22 mostly Western countries launched the world's first major collective challenge to China's crackdown on Uyghur Muslims and other minorities.
In a joint statement to the High Commissioner of the United Nations' Human Rights Council, the nations criticized Beijing for what they described as "disturbing reports of large-scale arbitrary detentions" and "widespread surveillance and restrictions."
A day later, 37 other countries jumped to Beijing's defense, with their own letter praising China's human rights record, and dismissing the reported detention of up to two million Muslims in western China's Xinjiang region. Nearly half of the signatories were Muslim-majority nations, including Pakistan, Qatar, Syria, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia, according to the Chinese government.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

These incredibly moronic democrats that are anti-Israel obviously have the intelligence level of 12 year old because they clearly have no history of the situation.

It's just - EVIL WHITE JEWS oppressing poor brown muslims that just want to pray.

Yeah sure buddy, that's the full story. Whatever you want to tell yourselves. Notice this only comes from the mouths of the fucking morons of the democrats. No real competent candidates would say something so stupid.

So you are all for occupation of land gained through military conflict?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Warren just lost herself any chance of being POTUS......the damn Democrats keep shooting themselves in the foot!
Leading Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren on Sunday indicated the US could withhold aid to Israel to force it to halt construction in settlements.

Asked during a political event in Iowa on her position on making aid conditional on stopping settlement expansion, the Massachusetts senator said “everything is on the table.

The US provides Israel with some $3.8 billion in military assistance annually.

“Right now, [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu says he is going to take Israel in a direction of increasing settlements. That does not move us toward a two-state solution,” Warren said.

“It is the official policy of the United States of America to support a two-state solution, and if Israel is moving in the opposite direction, then everything is on the table,” she said, then repeated: “Everything is on the table.”

Warren is currently neck and neck with former vice president Joe Biden in polls ahead of the Democratic primaries, and has recently led in some surveys. She is seen as a more liberal, left-leaning candidate than Biden on many issues.

In June Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, ranked third in the race, said he would “absolutely” consider dangling cuts to American aid to Israel in order to pressure Jerusalem.

However Sanders also said at the time that he would not make decisions that render Israel militarily vulnerable.

Military aid packages to Israel have steadily increased since the mid-1980s, when they were first offered, and are considered a linchpin of the US-Israel alliance. Few American lawmakers have challenged the handouts. In September 2016, then-president Barack Obama and Netanyahu signed a memorandum of understanding upping the figure from $3 billion annually to $3.8 billion annually for the next 10 years, despite frosty ties between the two.

The aid package is seen in Israel as key to helping it maintain its qualitative military edge over potential threats in the region.

Maybe we should stop enabling a country that has done very little to seek peace in its many conflicts the last 20 years.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
If the cowardly hypocritical Democrat liberal phonies have no problem doing business with China who is systematically wiping out mosques and the Muslim identity in Xinjiang by the millions, they certainly should have no problem doing business with Israel, aid or other business dealings over a few settlements.

Also, isn't it ironic how all those Muslim countries who cry about the treatment of Palestinians to the world, who are no more than pawns to them against Israel, are strangely silent or praise China's human rights record.

Cool start a thread about that.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Does the US send $ billions of mlitary aid and economic grants to China as it does Israel? If they did, I am sure it would have been stopped quite quickly.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I think Warren is 100% right here. I’m not anti-Israel, I’m against illegal settlements. If Israel wants our money then they can comply with their obligations not to illegally settle land that isn’t theirs. If they decide the land is more important than our money that’s their choice too, but choices have consequences.