WARNING: May Contain Peanuts

Medicine Bear

Banned
Feb 28, 2005
So I'm making a PB&J sandwich for breakfast this morning. Healthy huh? Well as I'm opening the jar of peanut butter I notice on the side where the nutritional information is listed that is also says "WARNING: May Contain Peanuts" WOW!! You mean my peanut butter may contain peanuts? Who woulda thunk it? Good lord are people so f'ing stupid these days that they don't realize peanut butter is made with peanuts?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Was it smooth or crunchy? I won't eat the smooth. I only eat crunchy. Just thought you would like to know.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Medicine Bear
So I'm making a PB&J sandwich for breakfast this morning. Healthy huh? Well as I'm opening the jar of peanut butter I notice on the side where the nutritional information is listed that is also says "WARNING: May Contain Peanuts" WOW!! You mean my peanut butter may contain peanuts? Who woulda thunk it? Good lord are people so f'ing stupid these days that they don't realize peanut butter is made with peanuts?

It may be a legal requirement.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
You can rest assured that that statment on the side of your peanut butter jar is the result of some greedy asshat's lawsuit, and Skippy is now posting the warning to protect itself from other greedy asshats.

Medicine Bear

Banned
Feb 28, 2005
Originally posted by: akubi
every disclaimer on the label == one less lawsuit to think about
I understand that. I mean after all we live in an ultra wussy, uber litigious society, but damn. Peanut Butter may contain peanuts? Is that warning really necessary? If you are stupid enough to eat peanut butter and you have a peanut allergy then you probably deserve to die.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
I understand that. I mean after all we live in an ultra wussy, uber litigious society, but damn. Peanut Butter may contain peanuts? Is that warning really necessary? If you are stupid enough to eat peanut butter and you have a peanut allergy then you probably deserve to die.

LMFAO :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: jndietz

lol. I agree with that one too :)

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

:thumbsup:

I concur.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
You can rest assured that that statment on the side of your peanut butter jar is the result of some greedy asshat's lawsuit, and Skippy is now posting the warning to protect itself from other greedy asshats.
true

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42

It may be a legal requirement.

Bingo. No peanut statement = some guy fatally allergic to peanuts = mourning family seeking monetary revenge.

Medicine Bear

Banned
Feb 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Wag
Originally posted by: Phoenix86

May? :confused:
Skippy?
Actually it is some all natural brand my GF bought at a health food store. 3/4 of the stuff in my house is from there. I keep telling her I don't give a crap if something is all nautral or not, but she is little miss organic. Eh, oh well.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

bwahhaa...

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001

QFFT

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

unfortunately, i would put money down that theres a jury that wouldn't.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Why not? They have beer may get you drunk labels on beer so I guess peanuts in peanut butter was bound to follow.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

unfortunately, i would put money down that theres a jury that wouldn't.

Reson #1 why I would always be undeemed to sit on a jury....

I'd be demanding that Skippy countersue and seek the death penalty for the plaintiffs being retards.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004

Skippy?
Actually it is some all natural brand my GF bought at a health food store. 3/4 of the stuff in my house is from there. I keep telling her I don't give a crap if something is all nautral or not, but she is little miss organic. Eh, oh well.

Well, you should thank her. Unnatural peanut butter (and that's what it is) like Skippy, JIF, Peter Pan, Reeses, are all viciously unhealthy. The agent that they use in that stuff to keep it from separating (partially hydrogenated vegetable oil) is by all accounts worse for your heart than natural heart cloggers like cholesterol.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001

Skippy?

Thank your girlfiend for adding a few more years to your life.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Reminds me of the commercials for sleeping pills with the warning "May cause drowsiness"