Warner Launches Red2Blu, HD DVD to Blu-ray Swap Program

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Ever since HD-DVD died and I got my Blu-ray player, I've been wanting to update my HD-DVD movies to Blu-ray for simplicity's sake. I'd rather have just one HD player. Now WB has made this processes MUCH cheaper for me. The great part is, you don't even have to send in your HD-DVDs! I'm excited!

Red2Blu program

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
that's awesome. I can convert all of my warner titles for about $100. I was planning on getting a Blu-ray burner and transferring all my HD DVDs to blu-ray but this is easier. now if only all the studios did this...

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I just saw this on slickdeals... I wonder what WB ones I have apart from The Matrix.

erwos

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2005
Well, that's one way to clear all the HD-DVDs out of Fry's. :)

Alas, I think I only have one Warner title on HD-DVD, and it'd be cheaper to just buy it in Blu than use the program.

Feb 10, 2000
I'm bummed because the one I'd care the most about is Planet Earth, and I have the Discovery Channel version rather than the BBC Warner version. I can't imagine they'd go for giving me the BD of the BBC set. It's odd the Red2Blu website doesn't include any information about this issue - I can't be the only person in this position.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
This is a stretch, but, does anyone have the The Ultimate Matrix Collection on HD DVD, still have the paper cover that was glued to the back of the box and are not going to use it to turn it in for this deal? If so, IM me. I'd like to upgrade a bunch of my discs. I remember that stupid paper cover. I kept it on my set for months, then recently threw it away.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
This is a stretch, but, does anyone have the The Ultimate Matrix Collection on HD DVD, still have the paper cover that was glued to the back of the box and are not going to use it to turn it in for this deal? If so, IM me. I'd like to upgrade a bunch of my discs. I remember that stupid paper cover. I kept it on my set for months, then recently threw it away.

Man, I think I pulled that piece of paper off the back of my Matrix Collection too. :| Is that what I need to upgrade that set? Can't I just use the individual discs covers?

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: JackBurton

Man, I think I pulled that piece of paper off the back of my Matrix Collection too. :| Is that what I need to upgrade that set? Can't I just use the individual discs covers?

Yep. You need that piece of paper that was tacky glued to the back of the cardboard sleeve/box.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Yep. You need that piece of paper that was tacky glued to the back of the cardboard sleeve/box.

Screw it, I'll send in the whole box (without the single HD-DVDs).

Edit: Ok, just got off the phone with the customer service rep and she said all you need to do is send in the Matrix Revolutions cover and that will be good enough. NICE!

Confirmed: When I went to check out, it said to include Matrix Revolutions to receive The Ultimate Matrix Collection.

And for anyone wanting to swap out the Planet Earth BBC, smash the box and send that in. That's all they need.

This is awesome! The Matrix Trilogy AND Planet Earth on the cheap!!! I sent in a total on 12 covers. :)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Hm, I have "The Complete Matrix Trilogy" which does not appear to be listed for some reason.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Hm, I have "The Complete Matrix Trilogy" which does not appear to be listed for some reason.

I have the same one. I'm sending in Revolutions to see if I get the Ultimate back. :) Hey, they don't have a Trilogy option. We'll see.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

I have the same one. I'm sending in Revolutions to see if I get the Ultimate back. :) Hey, they don't have a Trilogy option. We'll see.

Based on looking at the site, I think it's because they haven't released the three disc edition on BD yet, just the five disc Ultimate.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001

Edit: Ok, just got off the phone with the customer service rep and she said all you need to do is send in the Matrix Revolutions cover and that will be good enough. NICE!

Confirmed: When I went to check out, it said to include Matrix Revolutions to receive The Ultimate Matrix Collection.

And for anyone wanting to swap out the Planet Earth BBC, smash the box and send that in. That's all they need.

This is awesome! The Matrix Trilogy AND Planet Earth on the cheap!!! I sent in a total on 12 covers. :)

Cool. Thanks for calling them. That'll work out nice. I have about 8 movies/sets to swap.

Anyone checked into buying some HD DVDs for cheap and turning them in for the BD?

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003

That's really good to hear. I don't have the back paper anymore either.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Well guys, I hope most of you acted fast and ordered yesterday as the price of the Matrix Collection went up to $20 and Planet Earth seems to have been pulled from the list. Casablanca has also increased in price to $10. Still a great deal, but it was better before today. ;)

Oct 19, 2000
6 of my 12 HD-DVD movies are Warner. Will cost me $36, trying to decide if I want to do this or not. Either way, it's a great promotion.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Well guys, I hope most of you acted fast and ordered yesterday as the price of the Matrix Collection went up to $20 and Planet Earth seems to have been pulled from the list. Casablanca has also increased in price to $10. Still a great deal, but it was better before today. ;)

Ah, no. I wonder what happened. They got rid of something else, too. The Matrix was on the end of a column the other day, now it's placeholder has shifted two spaces to the left. At least they've edited the mouseover text to say 'send in the Revolutions coverart'.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Just spoke with a R2B CSR. She didn't know why Planet Earth was pulled, but she had submitted a request for information ticket on the issue. Also, no answer on why The Matrix increased in price.

She did mention that emails aren't answered on the weekends. Any questions submitted via email will be answered on Monday.

Out of my Planet Earth set, The Ultimate Matrix Collection and six other HD DVDs, I'm not sure how many I'll upgrade.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I submitted upgrade requests for my matrix collection and my harry potter gift set. Those are 2 movie sets that I own from WB on HD DVD that really deserve lossless sound that my HD DVD drive on the 360 cannot provide.