Warm Welcome for Japans Iraq Forces

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
from the BBC

There are banners along the road welcoming the Japanese. In the market, people like Abbas Mohammad talk of new jobs and possibilities. Sipping sugary tea, he even makes a distinction between the other coalition forces and the Japanese.

"There's a difference between the Japanese and the coalition. The coalition come to Iraq to take everything. The Japanese have come here to help Samawa. They want to give us everything we want," he said.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
I bet they are expecting way tooo much from the Japanese and will be severely disappointed.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Silly pacifists... Iraqis could throw rocks at them and they'd probably sit there ant take it, not firing back with live ammo- bah!

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
there are more japanese journalists there covering the troops, than there are japanese troops.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: nick1985
there are more japanese journalists there covering the troops, than there are japanese troops.

In other Words You should be able to see the Japanese Militaries position at night by just following all of the Camera flashes.

Sleepyjoe

Jan 27, 2004
I "reckon" there's a lot of stupid people bashing generaly very inteligent people that are not all overweight and lead much more productive lifes than the average american. Oops, I just G E N E R A L I Z E D. Sorry about that

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
from the BBC

"There's a difference between the Japanese and the coalition. The coalition come to Iraq to take everything. The Japanese have come here to help Samawa. They want to give us everything we want," he said.

Hmm... I wonder how they'd got that impression?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
look at this picture gallery

Some of those Japanese troops look to have three or four flags on thier uniforms, similar thing on thier vehicles. I guess they really don't want to be mistaken for us.

lol. like that matters to a terrorist. lol

I thought the terrorists were going after those that were rebuilding because they were easier targets and typically not well armed or too busy to shoot back.

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Dari
look at this picture gallery

Some of those Japanese troops look to have three or four flags on thier uniforms, similar thing on thier vehicles. I guess they really don't want to be mistaken for us.

lol. like that matters to a terrorist. lol

Yeah yeah yeah those terrorist untermenschen can't tell the difference between us ubermenschen. Actually, as IIRC Japan isn't a great Western Satan in Islamists' opinions, they probably won't be attacked as much as Americans.

Zephyr

rcrmb

Feb 17, 2004
BBC is far more reputable than any other news broadcasting agency in the world. Don't even get me started on CNN, I wouldn't listen to them if they told me the world is going to end, oh wait they already tend to do that.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: rcrmb
BBC is far more reputable than any other news broadcasting agency in the world. Don't even get me started on CNN, I wouldn't listen to them if they told me the world is going to end, oh wait they already tend to do that.

I trust CNN. Its a lot better than that other news channel I get, FoxNews