Warm - Valeo Ultimate Wipers B1G1F

rza49311

Jan 27, 2003
TireRack has Valeo Ultimate Hook-Lock wipers, buy one get one free. Shipping was a little high for me.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Any idea how these compare to Bosch Icons? I have Icons on my Mustang right now, if these are comparable or better I might order a pair just to have on hand since this puts them significantly cheaper than Icons.

Viper GTS

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
they had this promotion for well over couple months now.

Single blade costs for valeo = 2 blades for a competitors brand.

I do want to try it out though and see how it is.

rza49311

Jan 27, 2003
yeah i have the Bosch icons on my Subaru and love them. I ordered these valeo's today as a gift for my gf's brother. I'll post my thoughts once I get them.

knightc2

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2001
Rain-X FTW!

Actually I know nothing about these wipers, but my past experience with expensive wipers has not been positive. They don't seem to hold up as long as their prices would indicate. Maybe these are worth it, but I get the cheap ones and use Rain-X when I can. If anyone has had first hand experience with these wipers in all conditions (Hot, dry, wet, ice, snow) please post.

kki000

Jun 6, 2001
he he, i was all excited when i read this post at first.
Thought this was for a hot deal on some expensive new fangled wipers.

I checked the link... I have these now!

They were on sale at my local strauss auto, dunno the exact price but was less than 20 for the pair. (18in and the 22in, for Infiniti g35)

They work fine, replaced the crappy factory ones. I cant speak about longevity since its only been about 3 months.

fwiw, the whole staff at the local strauss recommended them, all of em said they used them on their rides. Only down side being cost. (They carried bosch as well)

I was really surprised when I got to the checkout since the sale wasnt advertised, was expecting to pay around 35 for em. I wish I bought more now.

Shipping for me was 7.40, so this deal is pretty hot.

Thorin78

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
I've had the PIAA Silicone Sporza ones for over 2.5 years now. They're great but since I live in San Diego, it doesn't rain much. The silicone has dried up and skipping now. So I'm going to get these finally. should be really good. I would recomment the PIAA as well but not compared to this price for the Valeo ones. $50 for wipers were kinda expensive.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I live in New England (so plenty of rain and snow) and have had a pair of "lifetime" silicon wipers on my car for 2+ years now. Frankly, its probably the last pair of fancy wipers I buy. They still work OK, but frankly I don't care too much for the silicon they leave on the windshield as it adds a minor smear.

Frankly, I think the best thing to do is to get a good quality wiper blade at Walmart for $3-4 each every six months or so. ANCO has always done good for me.

nikkai

Jan 28, 2002
Chicago here: Gone through snow storms and rain - not bad at all - much better than OEM =)