Warm Deal - ASUS S370-133 FCPGA Slocket for $13.99 Shipped

lupohki

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Better call first to make sure it's instock. The last time I ordered showing in stock it actually wasn't and I wasted a weeks time waiting for it.

kly1222

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
It says it's in stock, but when you put it in your shopping cart, it says it's on order.
Would go great with one of those 700e's they have in stock.

Trifecta

May 27, 2000
is this what I need for the 566 I ordered from buy.com?

Sorry, I have always used slot1's ....

Bleeding Jawa

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2000
My order said that it is in stock & I have never had a problem like that with onvia (can't say the same for buy.com :( ).

Trifecta, I just got my C566 from buy.com yesterday & that's what I'm using it for. :) I have an MSI slocket which seems to work, but wanted to get an ASUS slocket for my ASUS mobo.

Trifecta

May 27, 2000
Thanks, I too have the p3v4x (and it is ROCK solid)

What is the deal with getting a different manufacturters slocket?

Is MSI suck?

Bleeding Jawa

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2000
kly1222...you may be right, it changes when you put it in your basket.

I'm pretty sure it said in stock when I ordered mine, but it MAY OR MAY NOT be now...may be worth a phone call to check if you really want one.

RagManX

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
I'd love to hear if anyone gets one from this round of orders. I've been waiting since May 24th for mine. Still shows as backordered.

RagManX

EDIT: corrected date

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have three MSI slotkets and all of them work great. MSI is not suck.

Bleeding Jawa

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2000
My MSI seems to work ok. I only tried it for a few minutes. I thought my C2 might be running a little hot (much hotter than my P3), so I thought I'd try a new slocket to see if it runs any cooler & see if I can go a little higher than 807 (95FSB) w/ my C566...couldn't hurt. :)

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I've been waiting for mine almost as long as RagManX. When I spoke to
Onvia on Wed, they told me that they expected a shipment on the 14th. She was on the the money with the info on my new video card, so I wouldn't expect one before then.

Mr.Mike

Dec 30, 1999
As far as slockets go the the Asus-370 133, Abit III and MSI 6905 are all good. The Asus should definately be used if you have a P3V4X, I had a Abit in mine and had all sort of reg errors and other weird problems that were corrected as soon as I switched to the Asus. BTW - Onvia customer service is top notch, I ordered the Asus slocket from Onvia (which at the time said in stock) and after 2 weeks it never came! I then gave a call to c/s and told them the story they then told me it was on backorder and no ETA was availible, I said how could this happen and I was very dissapointed because my e-mail server is now down and I needed the part. The c/s rep put me on hold and when she came back told me she went ahead and ordered from one of their alternate suppliers and were going to overnight it at no cost to me, not bad for $13.99. The alternate supplier charged onvia $22.99 - ouch!!

Leo

Nov 1, 1999
I ordered the MSI slocket a couple of weeks ago when it was showing as out of stock. I received it 3 days later. Onvia's inventory tracking is special]/i].

From what I've read, there isn't a better overall slocket than the MSI master. It has both FSB, voltage adjustments,(1.5 to 2.0 in .5 increments)and support for dual motherboards. Onvia ships out the newest revision.(2.3 at least).

http://www.reviewbooth.com had a couple of reviews on slotkets I think.