Warheads will destroy your kids tongue.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
PSA...when your tongue gets hurt, no matter what the cause...the BEST thing is to soak it in cider.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Meh, same category as parents who claim marbles are dangerous because their kid swallowed too many of them. I haven't had warheads in a while, but I used to mainline them as a kid and never got anything remotely that bad. Must have changed the formula.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I was looking for an April 1st date on the article but didn't see one.
Hard to believe malic acid could do that unless it was concentrated and he had no saliva glands.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
I had five warheads last year and it harmed my tongue for days. Granted, they had all been eaten in the the same place of the mouth but don't doubt the claim.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Yikes. I had those as a kid but I didn't eat more than one at a time and didn't keep it in the same spot on my tongue. Looks like they're gonna have to change the formula or something.

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012
Kid deserved it if he ate that many/kept it in the same spot even though I'm sure it hurt. I grew up LOVING those things and never once had anything more than a sore tongue after eating a few with friends.

Then again, I wasn't fucking retarded.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
When I was a kid in the early '90s, I was addicted to Warheads candies. I lived within walking distance of a couple neighborhood stores. I used to pop 5-6 Warheads candies in my mouth at once and keep them there until they dissolved completely. I really took it to an extreme. Once the skin in my mouth started peeling, I started to ease off of them.

Anyway, I had to do something extreme to have a detrimental effect. I think they are mis-attributing something to get media exposure.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I'll guarantee his tongue was raw and sore long before he stopped. That's usually a sign to stop what you're doing for those with common sense. Judging from his knee and tongue he could be a future Darwin winner in the making.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I definitely used to eat an entire package over the course of a day. I wouldn't be able to feel my tongue for at least a few days. Probably a good thing I never looked at my tongue to see if I had a hole in it.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I remember getting a bit of pain after eating large amounts of sour candy. Never anything I would call a burn though. I wonder if it reacts more strongly to people of certain body chemistries.

Dec 10, 2005
I was looking for an April 1st date on the article but didn't see one.
Hard to believe malic acid could do that unless it was concentrated and he had no saliva glands.

I burned my tongue when I was younger with warheads - you need to eat a fair amount in a short while (say, a small bag which you could get from a drugstore). It was quite painful - the day after, my tongue was peeling in the center.

I'll guarantee his tongue was raw and sore long before he stopped. That's usually a sign to stop what you're doing for those with common sense. Judging from his knee and tongue he could be a future Darwin winner in the making.
You don't really feel it until after the damage is done.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
There are videos of YT of Furious Pete & LA Beast doing the Warhead challenge, fucking scary what those can do to your tongue and mouth.

Hell I ate an 8oz bag of Sour Skittles in 1 sitting, they're not even close to Warheads. And the aftermath sucked. Yeah, I know, eating 8oz of Sour Skittles is a dumb thing to do, but it did damage to my mouth.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
My tolerance for sourness is now so much that warheads are nothing to me. I can drink straight up lemon juice if I actually feel like it.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
My tolerance for sourness is now so much that warheads are nothing to me. I can drink straight up lemon juice if I actually feel like it.

After I finish a Chick-fil-A sweet tea w/ lemon, I like to chew every scrap of the lemon fruit away from the lemon peel.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
After I finish a Chick-fil-A sweet tea w/ lemon, I like to chew every scrap of the lemon fruit away from the lemon peel.

Ever tried to hold one of those Vitamin C tablets on your tongue? My longest has been about halfway dissolved.