Warhammer Online: Call to Arms - Live Expansion

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Text

Call to Arms Live Expansion Schedule:

* Call to Arms: Bitter Rivals Live Event (March): Successful completion of the live event allows head start access to the new Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer careers. The event will also introduces a new Chaos-themed RvR Scenario, Twisting Tower. More information here >>

* The Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer answer the Call to Arms and join WAR! (March) More information here >>

* Call to Arms: Beyond the Sands Live Event (April): The promise of great riches and powerful weapons comes from the south.

* Call to Arms: Rise of the Tomb Kings Live Event (May): The race between Order and Destruction begins to unlock the Land of the Dead for their Realm.

* Land of the Dead Opens (June): The deserts of Nehekhara open to players with the addition of a new RvR-gated dungeon zone. To gain access to the Land of the Dead, opposing Realms must battle for control of the zone to access dozens of new Public Quests, instanced lairs, and a massive new Tomb Kings dungeon to plunder in search of the Casket of Souls.

mharr7

Feb 17, 2008
Has gameplay smoothed out a bit since it first came out? I played early release, then another month or two and got kinda bored. The Choppa was actually the class I was most interested, so when it got chopped(no pun) I was kinda pissed...but still enjoyed the other classes. It's just the same type of grind that made me quit WOW after about 3 years on and off. I had a complete blast with WOW when it first came out, cause it was my first MMO, but I guess I just got tired of the same monotonous stuff over and over.

War def has better PVP...I heard they added rewards for open RVR which is def nice.

Maybe ill fire up another month and give the choppa a try after its all patched...

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
My account closed a few days back. I just got bored and tired of how badly implemented Tier 4 is at the moment. The changes look interesting but I'm not planning on trying WAR again until June unless they fix up T4 some more.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Phobic9
My account closed a few days back. I just got bored and tired of how badly implemented Tier 4 is at the moment. The changes look interesting but I'm not planning on trying WAR again until June unless they fix up T4 some more.

I got bored at 32,anyway expansion is too little too late in my books ,never going back to Warhammer,it was one of those games that could of been so much but in the end failed in so many areas.

ArmchairAthlete

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2002
Originally posted by: mharr7
Has gameplay smoothed out a bit since it first came out? I played early release, then another month or two and got kinda bored. The Choppa was actually the class I was most interested, so when it got chopped(no pun) I was kinda pissed...but still enjoyed the other classes. It's just the same type of grind that made me quit WOW after about 3 years on and off. I had a complete blast with WOW when it first came out, cause it was my first MMO, but I guess I just got tired of the same monotonous stuff over and over.

War def has better PVP...I heard they added rewards for open RVR which is def nice.

Maybe ill fire up another month and give the choppa a try after its all patched...

I pretty much exclusively PVP to level in WAR so I'm not sure how it's the same grind as WoW...

Combat definitely feels more responsive than it did at launch.

There are a lot more people doing open rvr even in low tiers, in large part because of your last point there.

I'm not high enough for fortress sieges, but I know a lot of changes are in the works and some already out.

I mostly have fun with this game, maybe because I'm casual, who knows.

Superrock

Oct 28, 2000
If they offer more in the end-game other than doing serpents passage for the 100th time or raiding I may come back but until then Ill be playing something else.