Warcraft 3 NO CAMERA ROTATION :-( WAHH!!

WageSlave

Banned
Sep 22, 2000
Im pretty dissapointed that there is no camera rotation.... I guess part of the reason is, with as long as it takes blizard to release a game, I expect it to be perfect, but to leave out something as simpl as camera rotation..... wow

Guess ill skip this one, and just keep waiting for better RTS

Rahminator

Oct 11, 2001
Blizzard stated their reason as they wanted to keep the game as simple and fun as possible and having a myriad of controls would be very unfriendly to general masses/newbies which are Blizzard's target consumers. I heard that a long time ago and it wasn't the same exact words but it's what they meant.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
is that going to stop you from buying the game?
i don't mind that much if the rest of the game makes up for it

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000

<< Guess ill skip this one, and just keep waiting for better RTS >>

Warcraft 3 is gonna own...
I don't think it's gonna get any better.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Guess ill skip this one, and just keep waiting for better RTS

that's like meeting a great girl, but then saying you'll skip her because didn't go to MIT

At first I was pretty shocked that they left it out. Once I played for a while I realized why they did it. It would have been too hard to control if you had full freedom of movement. Look at how awkward Black & White is to navigate. I am glad they didn't succumb to the standard 3D game nonsense of abusing full range of motion.

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001

<< At first I was pretty shocked that they left it out. Once I played for a while I realized why they did it. It would have been too hard to control if you had full freedom of movement. Look at how awkward Black & White is to navigate. I am glad they didn't succumb to the standard 3D game nonsense of abusing full range of motion. >>

I'm in agreement here. There were a few other RTSes that used full camera rotation and most of them added more frustration than not. Probably the best "worst" example is Star Wars: Force Commander. ugh^cubed. :(

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Im GLAD theres no camera rotation. Always made it more of a pain in the ass.

I still dont see how War3 can be any better than battle realms though.

WageSlave

Banned
Sep 22, 2000
Well thats sweet if it works for you, but with Star Wars, I breathed a sigh of relief when I could move the camera... SW was a crappy game IMHO but I DID like the camera movement.. as far as the reason about keeping it simple for noobs, I guess all I can say is that is lame, just make ita feature you have to turn on somewhere, that is off by default

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Wow that's a dumb move. I understand the reasoning: don't confuse the n00bs by actually giving them choices to make in the game. But really how hard can it be to just make it an option?

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
I just cant wait until the Bnet emulator comes out. My friend said it should be less than a week :D

CalamitousSoul

Nov 1, 2001

<< Are you playing the beta? Mind giving me the key? >>

LOL, yeah pass it on if you're not gonna use it. BTW, I heard that they emulated B.NET and lots of fools are playing the beta. W00t w00t, hook me up man, i wanna play. :D

WageSlave

Banned
Sep 22, 2000
Not to be antagonistic, but I really have to wonder... how much is it, that the game is good, and how much that everyone just has it set intheir minds that it is good because it is WC3....

Cynicism

Apr 1, 2001
I am from the old school (war 2 on Kali), and believe me when I say that most of you will be disappointed with this. The gameplay is nowhere near as revolutionary as when Starcraft came out. Lower those expectations now :p

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
but blizzard has never failed us before!! and of course, starcraft was hardly revolutionary over warcraft 2, but was definitely a top-notch game.

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
That is true, I think I have bought all of blizzard's games. all the warcrafts... Both diablos expansion packs... sc and brood war. The only blizzard product I did not buy was their diablo I expansion pack. Great company... I hope this won't be the first...