War on Terrorism, Afganistan, Iraq complete failures

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Originally posted by: PainTrain
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: her209
we are no more safer than we were in 2001. look at the current debacle with the planted box knive cutters in the southwest airline planes.

not to mention the department of homeland security. i thought they were supposed to streamline the process of intelligence gathering and sharing. yet, where were they when the bush goons were claiming wmd?

How do you know we aren't any safer? The whole thing is the box knife cutters is nothing... there will always be incidents such as this unless we require full body cavity searches for everyone who enters an airport, employees and passengers alike. Freedom and liberty will always be a security risk...

Quit makeing statements that you can't back up.

9/10 2001 you were "safe", it had been nearly 10 years since Al Queda attacked on US soil. The lack of a repeat of 9/11 doesn't mean anything.

I never said it did, now did I?

Do you believe that invading Afghanistan or Iraq eliminated any sleeper terrorist cells in the US that actually COULD threaten US soil? That was the concern, right? We don't like having Americans killed by terrorists on American soil?

By the way, ironic sig for a neo-con ;)

Do I really even have to respond to this? Here we go...

Where do you think these sleeper cells began? In the Middle East, perhaps? So, if we eliminate the source, it will be awefully difficult for more sleeper cells to form in the U.S., or for the current cells to remain in the U.S.

As for your comment about my signature... I am a magician, not a neo-con
rolleye.gif

HAHA! I GET IT NOW! FINALLY! The only way we can stop terrorism is by eliminating the middle east! It's all so clear now, thanks D!

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
we are no more safer than we were in 2001. look at the current debacle with the planted box knive cutters in the southwest airline planes.

not to mention the department of homeland security. i thought they were supposed to streamline the process of intelligence gathering and sharing. yet, where were they when the bush goons were claiming wmd?

How do you know we aren't any safer? The whole thing is the box knife cutters is nothing... there will always be incidents such as this unless we require full body cavity searches for everyone who enters an airport, employees and passengers alike. Freedom and liberty will always be a security risk...

9/10 2001 you were "safe", it had been nearly 10 years since Al Queda attacked on US soil. The lack of a repeat of 9/11 doesn't mean anything.

Do you believe that invading Afghanistan or Iraq eliminated any sleeper terrorist cells in the US that actually COULD threaten US soil? That was the concern, right? We don't like having Americans killed by terrorists on American soil?

Where do you think these sleeper cells began? In the Middle East, perhaps? So, if we eliminate the source, it will be awefully difficult for more sleeper cells to form in the U.S., or for the current cells to remain in the U.S.

rolleye.gif

HAHA! I GET IT NOW! FINALLY! The only way we can stop terrorism is by eliminating the middle east! It's all so clear now, thanks D!

Yeah... that's almost what I said...
rolleye.gif

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

rolleye.gif

can you make yourself disappear ?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: outriding

rolleye.gif

Good one...

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Can you back up your own statement Daniel?
I really don't think this guy had everything stuck up his butt, do you? Maybe instead of prosecuting him, we ought to ask him how he did it and shake his hand for helping to point out where security can be improved.

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Tabb
How can you call Afganistan a complete failure?

everything we read in everypaper even from the mouths of the children and women in AFG. say it is worse than before we came. But i bet damn sure that opium is in full flow now! Thats good for the U.S. and our war on drugs!

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: outriding

rolleye.gif

Good one...

ouch?