[WaPo] Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
Its like when your wife asks to see your browser history to see if you've been online gambling with the guy next door. You haven't been gambling at all of course, but I wager most guys on this site wouldn't want their wife rifling through their browser history and coming across "Hot-one-armed-redheads-playing-with-black-bunnies.com".

What's good for the governed is good for the government. If they didn't have anything to hide, then they wouldn't be afraid of the search, now would they?

Also way to imply I wouldn't end up married to someone who understands a taste for the truly absurd. :D

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Mueller has brought in experts on finance, espionage, money laundering, obstruction. It's the whole effing kitchen sink. At this point I wouldn't say it's any one thing, but pretty much everything outside of murder.

Which makes it line up with details in the Steele Dossier.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Mueller has brought in experts on finance, espionage, money laundering, obstruction. It's the whole effing kitchen sink. At this point I wouldn't say it's any one thing, but pretty much everything outside of murder.

Mmmmm... Money laundering is a RICO offense. First they take your shit & your money, then you fight to get any of it back. It's a real ball breaker.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Mmmmm... Money laundering is a RICO offense. First they take your shit & your money, then you fight to get any of it back. It's a real ball breaker.

Yep. I'm not so secretly hoping for some RICO charges in the middle of all of this. Would be the ultimate punishment. Especially since it's usually used against crime families.

Reactions: Azuma Hazuki

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What's good for the governed is good for the government. If they didn't have anything to hide, then they wouldn't be afraid of the search, now would they?

Also way to imply I wouldn't end up married to someone who understands a taste for the truly absurd. :D

The other thing here, is that what these guys are seeing (Pence, Ryan, Trump, Trump's lawyer, Trump's lawyer's lawyer, his lawyer, etc), is that a pile of paperwork is about to come their way. And evidence, and whatever. Assuming that some of these people actually work (lol), they simply need lawyers, and lots of them, to handle all of this while they work (lol).

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yep. I'm not so secretly hoping for some RICO charges in the middle of all of this. Would be the ultimate punishment. Especially since it's usually used against crime families.

well, it would be appropriate for the Trumps, knowing everything about that family that everyone already knows.

And the Kushners: lol, dude's dad is in prison. (or was, I forget) :D

Reactions: Azuma Hazuki

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
It's old man yells at cloud level of disaster in the White House

Aides describe Trump yelling at TV sets over Russia probe: report

President Trump has been described by advisers and confidents as angry over the probe into possible ties between his campaign and Russia, yelling at television sets at the White House with coverage of the probe, according to an Associated Press report Friday.

Trump has been insisting that he is the target of a conspiracy to discredit and possibly end his presidency, according to the report.

The president has publicly lamented the Russia probe in recent tweets, calling it a "witch hunt" in various tweets.

You are witnessing the single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history - led by some very bad and conflicted people! #MAGA

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 15, 2017
Trump has also apparently expressed frustration with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, the person who appointed the special counsel last month to lead the Russia probe following Trump's decision to fire FBI Director James Comey.

Trump said Friday that he was under investigation over his firing of Comey, saying he was being investigated "by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director."

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 16, 2017
Rosenstein privately acknowledged that he may need to recuse himself from the investigation, sources told ABC News this week.

Trump is not cut out for being president. His whole life has been spent surrounded by sycophants, but he can only maintain that in so much as his aides and cabinet around him, he has no control over the government as a whole and the public. These investigations are destroying his sanity because he can't control them. It's why I expect he will make the shutdown error of firing the DAG and Mueller, which will result in him having to be removed for ignoring the rule of law.