WaPo: Roy Moore underage sex allegations. 12/4 update: Trump endorses. Jones wins

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Don't forget this:

Alabama pastor supporting Moore: 'More women are sexual predators than men'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...xual-predators-than-men/ar-BBF8Em2?li=BBnbcA1

I had an intoxicated ex coworker walk up to me while I was having dinner with my wife and sister, greet us all, then bear hug my head and shake so her gigantic tits were smothering me in an unwelcome motor boat.

2 or 3 years before that I had a coworker who was pursuing me. She had just broken up with someone and was on a mission to get laid. After lots of fishing and innuendo, she got tired of me not taking her up on anything and excused herself to the upstairs apartment she rented from the business owners. 'To take care of something.'

Comes back like 20min later all smiles, about to leave to go skiing or something. Gives me a huge evil smile, goes to depart saying "I'll see YOU later," booping me on the nose with a still moist finger when she said YOU.

Those are just the two that stick out to me. And even having said that, there is no way I can agree with that pastor. What I and friends have seen and experienced is a pale shadow of what women deal with in much greater scope and severity. Dude needs to understand reality differs greatly from Elvis getting chased by Kittyhawks.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I had an intoxicated ex coworker walk up to me while I was having dinner with my wife and sister, greet us all, then bear hug my head and shake so her gigantic tits were smothering me in an unwelcome motor boat.

2 or 3 years before that I had a coworker who was pursuing me. She had just broken up with someone and was on a mission to get laid. After lots of fishing and innuendo, she got tired of me not taking her up on anything and excused herself to the upstairs apartment she rented from the business owners. 'To take care of something.'

Comes back like 20min later all smiles, about to leave to go skiing or something. Gives me a huge evil smile, goes to depart saying "I'll see YOU later," booping me on the nose with a still moist finger when she said YOU.

Those are just the two that stick out to me. And even having said that, there is no way I can agree with that pastor. What I and friends have seen and experienced is a pale shadow of what women deal with in much greater scope and severity. Dude needs to understand reality differs greatly from Elvis getting chased by Kittyhawks.
That is not exactly sexual predation...
If she said your job or your income depended on your going upstairs with her, or if she threatened the release of some nasty piece of information about you that's sexual predation.

Just being drunk and flirty is not predation. Predation requires some sort of power difference which is being utilized to more or less get/force/generate sex. Just think about the meaning of the word predator in nature.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2005
Even if that's true, what does that have to do with the undeniable and ever-growing, town-wide evidence that human chamber pot, Roy Moore, diddled underage girls?
He gave a textbook example of "whataboutism" but this time with a heavy, heavy dose of bullshit.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Religion got dragged smack dab in the middle of this politically driven Moore sex scandal and sure as shit things got that much more confusing and muddied up where straight laced religious to the core folks have somehow reasoned themselves into supporting a sex fiend out of loyalty to Moore's homegrown "religious" upbringing and ironically so loyalty to a political party that for the moment is being a traitorous backstabber by not minding their own damn business up north.

A movie script couldn't have been written any better for the way unstoppable politics have rammed head on into unmovable religion.

High stakes being played for here, but damn if it's not truly symbolic of where the nation is headed both religiously and politically.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Religion got dragged smack dab in the middle of this politically driven Moore sex scandal and sure as shit things got that much more confusing and muddied up where straight laced religious to the core folks have somehow reasoned themselves into supporting a sex fiend out of loyalty to Moore's homegrown "religious" upbringing and ironically so loyalty to a political party that for the moment is being a traitorous backstabber by not minding their own damn business up north.

A movie script couldn't have been written any better for the way unstoppable politics have rammed head on into unmovable religion.

High stakes being played for here, but damn if it's not truly symbolic of where the nation is headed both religiously and politically.

Y'all ain't from round these parts, are ya?

Only asked because religion certainly did NOT get dragged into anything...it never does in the southeast. Rather, everything is viewed through a religious prism. Always has been the case down here, probably be that way for the near future....or distant future.

Move into a neighborhood in the SE and you'll invariably be asked two questions, almost in this order:

Where are you from? (Are you an outsider?) Not a strange question...get asked that everywhere I've moved.

Have you found a church yet? That one's almost peculiar to the SE in that the question comes either first or second....before what do you do (for work), etc.

Religion's influence in all facets of life in the SE is unlike anywhere else in the U.S., well, except maybe for Utah. Religion's not getting dragged anywhere, it's flailing its tentacles it has entwined around politics.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Religious classical conditioning supersedes any shred of conscious rational critical thinking hence we end up with situations like this one. My parents aren't talking about Moore but won't pass up any chance to condemn a democrat. This my friends is one of the reasons why we're in the pickle we are today.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
I try not to watch the news, but just caught a story on this dirtbag on Today. The quotes from his supporters who don't seem to care about what he did boggle the mind.

Powerful men have been pulling crap like this forever, but now that it's coming out more and we are talking about it, you would think we would take the opportunity to denounce such horrendous behavior for what it is. But nope. Partizan politics > stopping sexual assault. :(

Reactions: ch33zw1z

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Remember these people lecturing us about moral values? Did video games make Moore do it?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Move into a neighborhood in the SE and you'll invariably be asked two questions, almost in this order:

Where are you from? (Are you an outsider?) Not a strange question...get asked that everywhere I've moved.

Have you found a church yet?

Sick but sadly relevant joke:

1. Where are you from?
2. Have you found a church yet?
3. Do you have enough ammunition for the job?

Don't condemn me for making this "joke", blame Dylann Roof and Stephen Paddock and the cowardly refusal and culpable complicity of our political leaders who refuse to address the gaping legal loopholes that makes this violent sickness an ongoing national emergency, just so they can stay on the good side of the leadership of the NRA.

This situation needs constant highlighting in every way possible, even if it make you uncomfortable. In fact, especially if it makes you uncomfortable. :mad:

Reactions: Meghan54

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Trump's WH still backs Moore.

November 20, 2017 3:34pm EST
White House on Roy Moore: Trump wants senators who "support his agenda"
From CNN's Jeremy Diamond

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said President Trump continues to believe that the people of Alabama should decide Roy Moore's fate in the Senate race, but reiterated that Trump wants elected officials who "support his agenda" in Congress.

"Obviously the president wants people both in the House and the Senate that support his agenda," Sanders said Monday in the White House press briefing.

"The president feels that it’s up to the people of Alabama to make that determination of who their representative will be," Sanders said.

Her response came in response to questions about Kellyanne Conway's comments this morning, when she suggested Trump would prefer Moore to be elected over Democrat Doug Jones because he would support GOP tax legislation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/trump-latest/index.html

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Y'all ain't from round these parts, are ya?

Only asked because religion certainly did NOT get dragged into anything...it never does in the southeast. Rather, everything is viewed through a religious prism. Always has been the case down here, probably be that way for the near future....or distant future.

Have you found a church yet? That one's almost peculiar to the SE in that the question comes either first or second....before what do you do (for work), etc.

Religion's influence in all facets of life in the SE is unlike anywhere else in the U.S., well, except maybe for Utah. Religion's not getting dragged anywhere, it's flailing its tentacles it has entwined around politics.

That is strange as I was born and raised in the south eastern US and have moved all over between Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. I have never been asked about my religious preference or if I have found a church yet. I have also never had religion influence all facets of my life.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What's really most disturbing about Moore isn't his taste in women. It's his views on the supremacy of God's Law (his version) over the supremacy of the Constitution & of Democracy itself-

“He stood there with his staff and he pushed back against the forces of secularism and he said, just like in ‘Lord of the Rings,’ ‘You shall not pass,’ when they were going after the Ten Commandments,” Dana Loesch, an N.R.A. spokeswoman, said. Roy Moore, she added, is “the Gandalf of Alabama.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

Steve Bannon is getting them all frothed up, of course, as if he were a religious man himself rather than somebody who just wants to watch the world burn...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What's really most disturbing about Moore isn't his taste in women. It's his views on the supremacy of God's Law (his version) over the supremacy of the Constitution & of Democracy itself-

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

Steve Bannon is getting them all frothed up, of course, as if he were a religious man himself rather than somebody who just wants to watch the world burn...
Bannon is deeply religious. He rejects the Enlightenment and wants to return to an age of faith. We're halfway into that crypt already. Bannon wants to see a Catholic version of a caliphate.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Kellyanne Conway confesses White House wants a credibly accused child molester vs a Democrat even though she said the opposite just 5 days prior. Trump still endorses Roy Moore

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/kellyanne-conway-roy-moore-tax-cuts

Tax cuts for the lootocracy, bigger deficits & benefit cuts for the rest of America.

It's a grand thing for the ultra wealthy. Create deficits so that you can buy the bonds financing them with the windfall of substantial taxcuts. Drive the govt more deeply into debt to satisfy your own greed & lust for power. Depend on Republican voters to let you get away with it, too.