WaPo: Roy Moore underage sex allegations. 12/4 update: Trump endorses. Jones wins

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yea, I just noticed something else about that Fox poll which has Jones up by 8. It also shows Obama having a higher favorability rating in Alabama than Trump. Nah, that can't be right. This poll must have over sampled democrats. Bah.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...has-higher-favorability-in-alabama-than-trump

It could have, but again I think the major problem here is estimating turnout.
Like:

1) it's a special election, which usually favors Republicans BUT
2) Democrats are energized this year BUT
3) Roy Moore is a historically popular figure there BUT
4) He's been accused of being a child molester

How do you figure out what percentage of Republicans are energized by Moore's Trumpi-ness and the national attacks on him vs. the ones that don't want to vote because he molests children, etc, etc. I wouldn't be the surprised if the polls aren't even close.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Seen another poll with a Jones +5 lead. Was Moore +2 early on in this thing.

Just glancing through the cross tabs Moore's problem with women voters is quite evident backing up at least part of the Fox poll. Favorables also not good for him.

Turnout is a question and a big number of people saying undecided for sure but all the polling looks to be headed in about the same direction.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
AL governor: Sure prob a mega creep and child molester but hey that supreme court

zEx62ZW.png

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
AL governor: Sure prob a mega creep and child molester but hey that supreme court

zEx62ZW.png

LOL Evangelical Christians are willing to make a deal with the devil in order to make sure they can pack the court. You know in order to deny healthcare while forcing women to carry a fetus to term regardless of the circumstances. All while shitting on the poor and desiring to punish children because of their parent's decisions.

Jesus would be proud.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Indeed. I have many Evangelicals in my family and they would vote for Hitler as long as they could point to a stat that showed Holocaust victims adding up to less than the mountain of dead babies killed by liberals. They are about as one-issue as you get, though extra points for someone willing to fight the "gay agenda" and anything whatsoever to do with brown people (illegals from mexico, giving money to the lazy blacks, muslims coming in, etc).

They'd fucking stone Jesus to death if he appeared today given half a chance. A dirty liberal darkie trying to take their money and give it to the lazy? Oh hell no.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
It's ok guys.....

She makes a case for reeducation camps doesn't she?:eek: Time to pry big organized religion's hands off the government and pull the blinders off the flocks eyes. In the article I've linked below you should really listen to Steve Flowers comments as he nails it on the head.:D

He's the first person that I can recall who calls his supporters more religious than christian which is the truth. Blinded by religion they fall into the ditch as they have since the inception of organized religion.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-alabamas-evangelicals-carry-roy-moore-to-victory/

Last edited:
Reactions: darkswordsman17

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
There is no right to electable until proven guilty. Otherwise we probably wouldn’t have president Trump.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
My favorite part of Mrs. Moore's complaining is that she groused about journalists calling up seemingly everyone Roy has known over the past 40 years. Yes, Mrs. Moore, that's called "good journalism." You collect as many facts as you can and get on-the-record statements whenever possible. I know you're used to Fox News, where hunches and blind trust are good enough, but most other media outlets expect more.

As it stands, I've seen multiple polls that put Jones in the lead by several points. It's going to be hilarious if a Democrat takes this Senate seat and it becomes that much harder for the Republicans to force through bad legislation. The 2018 mid-terms are looking good for the Democrats right about now.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
As it stands, I've seen multiple polls that put Jones in the lead by several points. It's going to be hilarious if a Democrat takes this Senate seat and it becomes that much harder for the Republicans to force through bad legislation. The 2018 mid-terms are looking good for the Democrats right about now.

Let's hope this is the case. The GOP war on the poor and middle classes needs to end.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Honestly I believe the polls are being deliberately skewed to convince democrats to lower their guard just like 538 did before the presidential election.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
2016: Never underestimate crazy.
2017: Did you learn your lesson?

Stay tuned.

Can't help but think that the Republicans will be in panic mode if Jones wins. Even more so than the recent spate of November 7th elections, this could serve as a bellwether for how the 2018 mid-terms will go. Yeah, a loss would come in no small part because of Moore torpedoing his own chances, but it'd show that Republicans aren't guaranteed to win just because they're in a "safe" seat. And of course, a Jones win would mean one less position the Dems have to flip to get a Senate majority.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I found this amusing...

Um seriously, it seems like this guy is interested in girls, not women, thanks for confirming that for us dumbshit....

Also made me wonder...would he advise his clients to have him present during any inappropriate encounters?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
It is nothing new... It has been going on since time began.

Remember the Kennedys... John, Robert and Ted. They all did it.

The Kennedys molested children?

I think perhaps you may be a bit confused about what is being discussed here.