Wanting to sell PC parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corif

Jan 21, 2013
Hi, I need to sell some PC parts and was wondering where i could do this. I need to do this to pay for some bills. I'm pretty sure you guys can help me out seeing as if everytime people upgrade they have left over parts they dont need. The parts I'm selling are pretty good and I'm selling at like half the price. It's a packaged deal though. Anyways, is there a classified section for this forum for people to sell parts? or do i go somewhere else? Please do not say ebay or craiglist. Ebay has terrible fees and craiglist is filled with scamers. Pawn shops dont take parts.

Corif

Jan 21, 2013
I don't have access to that part of the forum.

From the AnandTech Forum Guidelines:

"15) To access our FS/T forum, members must have a minimum post count of 25 along with being a registered member for 7 days."

Administrator allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Can you guys be more welcome to him?

1. Get your posts up to 25 (reply random stuff in this Off-topic sub forum).

2. Go to Sale & Trade

3. Be SURE to READ their FAQ!!! VERY important.

4. Enable receiving PMs if not on by default.

5. Post what you want to sell following their guidelines (see #3).

6. ????

7. Profit! (literally)

Corif

Jan 21, 2013
I still dont know what ???? is. I never got that joke.
If you are new member it is not listed under the Shopping. I can see it on the blue links to the left if I'm viewing a thread.

Feb 25, 2011
If you are new member it is not listed under the Shopping. I can see it on the blue links to the left if I'm viewing a thread.

Google search for "south park underpants gnomes".

Aaviel

Jul 10, 2006
I really need to get to 25 posts so I can sell some Subaru stuff I still have.. There should be some exception after your account is so many years old.

Last edited:

mvbighead

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2009
Craigslist may get you that money a bit quicker OP. Just depends on what you're selling.

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003

2. Go to Sale & Trade

4. Enable receiving PMs if not on by default.

5. Post what you want to sell following their guidelines (see #3).

6. ????

7. Profit! (literally)

If a noob needs his hand held to this extent just to post his parts for sale, are you also going to be around when he needs to set up a Paypal account? How about when he needs to ship the parts?

Natural selection exists for a reason. You're messing with the system!

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I found out selling computer parts on a tech forum is tough because anyone who reads this forum actually knows how much shit costs. I've had better luck on Ebay. ;)

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
If a noob needs his hand held to this extent just to post his parts for sale, are you also going to be around when he needs to set up a Paypal account? How about when he needs to ship the parts?

Natural selection exists for a reason. You're messing with the system!

Meh, unless he has some heatware feedback, he'll probably be shipping first anyway.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
I found out selling computer parts on a tech forum is tough because anyone who reads this forum actually knows how much shit costs. I've had better luck on Ebay. ;)

Anyone who's dealt with both eBay and the FS/FT forums knows that the extra 20% you get from selling on eBay goes directly to eBay, and you run the chance of getting scammed as a seller as well. ;)

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004

It's from South Park.

Just click on every thread on the front page of Off Topic and reply "I agree" to someone until you get 25 posts.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001

2. Go to Sale & Trade

4. Be SURE TO ENABLE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR PROFILE!!!!
(This is a common mistake & most new sellers get busted for it)

5. Enable receiving PMs if not on by default.

6. Post what you want to sell following their guidelines (see #3).

7. ????

8. Profit! (literally)

Just wanted to throw that in there!
Seems almost all noobs miss that part.
I've seen them post, forget to enable their E-mail, get thread locked, & never come back!

Status
Not open for further replies.