Wanted: Copy of Anand & Leo Laporte COMDEX 1999 Video

Ryan Smith

The New Boss
Staff member
Oct 22, 2005
www.anandtech.com
This one is going to be a long shot, but does anyone here still have a copy of Leo Laporte's interview of Anand from COMDEX 1999? It was for The Screen Savers, and Anand was showing off the then-new Slot A AMD Athlon.

We're looking for that video and I know I once got it from these forums many years ago, so I'm hoping that someone here still has it.:)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Reward or compensation?

Moderator for a week? :p Err wait wouldn't that be considered punishment?

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
I remember I had a video of that segment in low quality real video format (320x240) but that was on an old harddrive I threw out a while ago.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I remember I had a video of that segment in low quality real video format (320x240) but that was on an old harddrive I threw out a while ago.
I have a video of Shlong throwing out that hard drive. If that helps.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Wanted: Copy of Anand & Leo Laporte COMDEX 1999 Video

This one is going to be a long shot, but does anyone here still have a copy of Leo Laporte's interview of Anand from COMDEX 1999? It was for The Screen Savers, and Anand was showing off the then-new Slot A AMD Athlon.

We're looking for that video and I know I once got it from these forums many years ago, so I'm hoping that someone here still has it.:)

When I was interviewed on The Screensavers they sent a VHS tape copy of the interview. I wasn't even expecting a copy but they sent it in the mail.

The show may have a copy of that interview. Did you contact them?

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
When I was interviewed on The Screensavers they sent a VHS tape copy of the interview. I wasn't even expecting a copy but they sent it in the mail.

The show may have a copy of that interview. Did you contact them?

Did you steal their computer time and lie about gas prices to them too?

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Pretty sure I saw this when it aired. I recall seeing them talk about him on ZDTV before then too, which is what originally sent me here. I didn't register on the forums for a few years though.

Last edited:

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Ah, Leo Laporte, THE computer guy who told a caller on his radio show that she would have to format, lose all of her data, and buy a new copy of Windows. Because she forgot her password.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Ah, Leo Laporte, THE computer guy who told a caller on his radio show that she would have to format, lose all of her data, and buy a new copy of Windows. Because she forgot her password.

How do you do it? Ever since that happened to me, *every password is "password". Easy to remember.

*for security(banking, shopping, et al), I use "Password1" to increase entropy.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

The guy knows a lot about technology over a pretty wide scope of topics. I wouldn't belittle his knowledge and experience.

I've used utilities to reset passwords and it worked, but really did b0rk NTFS security stuff, so I would also recommend format/reinstall if you have that kind of issue after resetting a lost password.