Want Water? You Have to Get Baptized!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I wonder if this turkey understands what the seperation of church and state is? I'm sure the Army gave this oasis just for the furthering of Christianity. I'm already baptized. I wonder if I'd have to sit through his southern baptist crap to use the water?

Army chaplain offers baptisms, baths

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
You'd think a search on Baptize in the War forum would have hit the previous thread. :(

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
"and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Isaiah 2:4

Eat it, Chaplain.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
You'd think a search on Baptize in the War forum would have hit the previous thread. :(

Well, for me, the search function just hasn't been doing well lately...maybe today's upgrade will fix it?

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The British take Basra. Our troops are taking dumps in Hussein's palace, but this issue with the Army chaplain is what interests you this morning? Typical...
rolleye.gif

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Ornery
The British Take Basra. Our troops are taking dumps in Hussein's palace,

Foregone conclusions. But when soldiers who are fighting and dying can't get baths without a brainwashing session something is amiss.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Yeah, that's BIG news!
rolleye.gif
Old at that!

You're right. I should be more focused on the happy-joy propaganda clips of toppled Saddam statues. I've only seen THAT 800 times in the last 2 days.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
The British take Basra. Our troops are taking dumps in Hussein's palace, but this issue with the Army chaplain is what interests you this morning? Typical...
rolleye.gif

I'm sorry you weren't interested. Perhaps if you aren't interested, you should just keep your mouth shut.

I hear about Basra and Baghdad when I watch the news in the morning. Stuff like this, not everyone gets to hear about.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah BDawg, your contributions to this forum are... astounding! Keep up the good work.
rolleye.gif

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It would make more interesting discussion, in light of today's REAL news, than a GD idiot chaplain!

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
It would make more interesting discussion, in light of today's REAL news, than a GD idiot chaplain!

To some. Personally I'm growing tired of discussing some element of the war only to hear an hour later that the reports were incorrect and that what actually happened was entirely different. I understand that's just how it is, but how many breaking stories have turned out to be false so far?

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Iwentsouth
Nothing makes peacniks happier then Christian bashing.

His Christianity doesn't matter. He would be wrong no matter what religion he is. There is no Christian bashing here.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001

I'm sorry, but the words to express the sheer insanity of this fail me when contemplating a Jewish soldier serving his country but who can't get a bath while the christians can.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: jaeger66

I'm sorry, but the words to express the sheer insanity of this fail me when contemplating a Jewish soldier serving his country but who can't get a bath while the christians can.
As was posted in the ORIGINAL thread, perhaps the water was SET ASIDE BY THE ARMY FOR BAPTISM.

In that case, giving a few hundred soldiers a "bath" in baptism water would sure "end" that 5,000 gallons of clean water pretty soon.

However, that chaplain sure comes off as arrogant and "pushy".

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
rolleye.gif

I guess there should only be one thread in this forum, seeing as how only the most important topic at any minute is worth discussing.

Oh, yeah. And whoever is the most aggressive gets to decide what the most important topic is.

That's a much better solution than a forum with a variety of topics about different issues related to the war where users can go in and post about whatever issue or issues they find interesting and worth commenting on, and ignore the rest.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Still like my original solution, take his water away, give it to Iraqi children who need it more than him appraently and make him convert to Judaism if he wants to eat.....

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Another example of the joke that is organized religion. Not going to pick on Christians here, cus some temples I know are offering gifts to families who bring Jewish kids in for circumcision.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Another example of the joke that is organized religion. Not going to pick on Christians here, cus some temples I know are offering gifts to families who bring Jewish kids in for circumcision.

I would be a little steamed at my parents for trading my $@#^@ for a new toaster...