Want to sneak booze on a cruise

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_nerve

Mar 17, 2005
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
I sneak alcohol onto cruise ships by buying a pair of Nike Air basketball shoes. I poke a hole in the plastic air cushion and fill it with alcohol, then plug it back up with a little bit of epoxy. Then drill a hole through the sole and attach a straw. Walla, instant drink anywhere. Just run the straw up your pants, up your shirt, and take sips when no one is looking.

Hahahahha..... Whats the biggest shoe you can get with nike air

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: nerve
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
I sneak alcohol onto cruise ships by buying a pair of Nike Air basketball shoes. I poke a hole in the plastic air cushion and fill it with alcohol, then plug it back up with a little bit of epoxy. Then drill a hole through the sole and attach a straw. Walla, instant drink anywhere. Just run the straw up your pants, up your shirt, and take sips when no one is looking.</end quote></div>

Hahahahha..... Whats the biggest shoe you can get with nike air

Size 22 wide, special order. :D

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rezinn
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LolaWiz
are all of you guys really that cheap that you won't just buy a drink by the pool if you want a rum and coke?! :confused: :eek:
You are on vacation, enjoy yourself without worrying if you are going to get caught smuggling booze on board.

edit to say... usually lemonade and ice tea are complimentary too.</end quote></div>

Some people pay for their vacations so they might try to save money in other ways.</end quote></div>

was that a harsh thing to say? yes.

We pay for every SINGLE vacation we have ever taken on OUR OWN.

Not trying to start anything as I helped vote, but what about that Chili's contest?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
I could bring a huge black rubber dildo with balls, carve the inside out, fill it with booze, seal and replace the back with the previous removed balls, and then sneak the booze on in that.
Or I could do the water bottle thing. But I would have to buy the water bottles.

L

Lola

are all of you guys really that cheap that you won't just buy a drink by the pool if you want a rum and coke?! :confused: :eek:
You are on vacation, enjoy yourself without worrying if you are going to get caught smuggling booze on board.

edit to say... usually lemonade and ice tea are complimentary too.</end quote></div>

Some people pay for their vacations so they might try to save money in other ways.</end quote></div>

We pay for every SINGLE vacation we have ever taken on OUR OWN.</end quote></div>

Not trying to start anything as I helped vote, but what about that Chili's contest?

to be honest, i was not able to take that vacation because my husband and i could not get the time off of work at that time so no, i did not take a vacation for free on them even.

It makes me angry that people "dis" others because they have NO idea about the person at all.
We have been to Hawaii 4 times and have been on 4 cruises in the past 5 years and paid for them all ourselves.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
I could bring a huge black rubber dildo with balls, carve the inside out, fill it with booze, seal and replace the back with the previous removed balls, and then sneak the booze on in that.
Or I could do the water bottle thing. But I would have to buy the water bottles.

AHAHHAH!!!! NO ONE would touch that! You do that and you are GOLDEN!!!

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
As for the OP:

On drinking websites, they have this pouch you use to smuggle liquor into sporting events and the like. It's a clear, plastic pouch that straps to your stomach/back that goes under your shirt/pants. If you wear a baggy shirt, you won't be able to see it. Think of it like a fanny pack but thin and concealed. You could probably do that with your SO and manage to smuggle aboard at least a bottle that way.

I can't find a link to it now, but I'm searching.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005

We pay for every SINGLE vacation we have ever taken on OUR OWN.</end quote></div>

Not trying to start anything as I helped vote, but what about that Chili's contest?</end quote></div>

to be honest, i was not able to take that vacation because my husband and i could not get the time off of work at that time so no, i did not take a vacation for free on them even.

It makes me angry that people "dis" others because they have NO idea about the person at all.
We have been to Hawaii 4 times and have been on 4 cruises in the past 5 years and paid for them all ourselves.

Did they give the trip to someone else?

gamepad

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2005
I sneak alcohol onto cruise ships by buying a pair of Nike Air basketball shoes. I poke a hole in the plastic air cushion and fill it with alcohol, then plug it back up with a little bit of epoxy. Then drill a hole through the sole and attach a straw. Walla, instant drink anywhere. Just run the straw up your pants, up your shirt, and take sips when no one is looking.

LOL!

Where can I get a straw long enough to run up my pants and shirt?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003

Not trying to start anything as I helped vote, but what about that Chili's contest?</end quote></div>

Carnival Cruises?
Were they fun? What kind of things are there to do?
My sister says their are free shows every night and always something to do.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
The last three cruises I went on I put a bottle of scotch in my bag. I like to sit on the balcony and have a glass. No drilling, no Listerine, just the bottle in the suitcase. From reading this thread it looks like I was lucky, maybe it depends on the line? (I was with princess 2x and celebrity 1x)

L

Lola

You are going on Carnival?
You will have a good time! TONS of partying to do all the time. Shows every night tons of guest entertainers like magicans, comedians, etc.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ
As for the OP:

On drinking websites, they have this pouch you use to smuggle liquor into sporting events and the like. It's a clear, plastic pouch that straps to your stomach/back that goes under your shirt/pants. If you wear a baggy shirt, you won't be able to see it. Think of it like a fanny pack but thin and concealed. You could probably do that with your SO and manage to smuggle aboard at least a bottle that way.

The Beer Belly.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
How about tiny bottles of alcohol? The little plastic ones. Just placed in my bag. And if caught, I could just say I didn't know I couldn't bring them. It wouldn't be a lot, as I won't be drinking every night.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
You could always do it the way columbian drug mules do it???

Or hide bottles in the lining of your suitcase.

Or take a shaving cream can and unscrew the bottom

or pay off the guy checking bags 50$

or numerous other ways.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Because of a medical condition that I developed right after college, I have not been able to drink alcohol for years. I use to drink PLENTY at parties, but, having been on many cruises, I do not understand why people have to drink on a cruise in order to have a good time.

OP, have you thought of not drinking on the cruise. You may find that you do not need to drink and, for the rest of your life, you can save a TON of money that otherwise would have been spent on alcohol.

Just a thought.

MotionMan

DieHardware

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigJ
As for the OP:

I can't find a link to it now, but I'm searching.</end quote></div>

The Beer Belly.

Oh Man wouldn't work for me...already have one of those built in. :D

Seriously I think the water bottle is a good idea. Make a pin hole on the bottom, drain the water out, refill vodka/gin. Then melt the hole closed. Nice 2l bottle should do. ;) :beer: :wine: :sun:

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: mattjbak
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MotionMan
Because of a medical condition that I developed right after college, I have not been able to drink alcohol for years. I use to drink PLENTY at parties, but, having been on many cruises, I do not understand why people have to drink on a cruise in order to have a good time.

OP, have you thought of not drinking on the cruise. You may find that you do not need to drink and, for the rest of your life, you can save a TON of money that otherwise would have been spent on alcohol.

Just a thought.

MotionMan</end quote></div>

Oh yea, why didn't we think of that, sobriety... the state of pretending you're having fun.

I am not sure if that is funny, sad, or both.

MotionMan

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: MotionMan
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mattjbak

Just a thought.

Oh yea, why didn't we think of that, sobriety... the state of pretending you're having fun.</end quote></div>

MotionMan

Just because someone drinks and has fun doesn't mean they have to drink to have fun.

If you truly believe this you are a moron.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: BigJ
As for the OP:

Well, thi sis pretty similar to my suggestion.

I used to get a big zip-lock baggie, fill with booze and slip down the front of my pants. Always worked pretty well for me.

Enjoy your cruise.

Fern

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: purbeast0

Just a thought.

Oh yea, why didn't we think of that, sobriety... the state of pretending you're having fun.</end quote></div>

Just because someone drinks and has fun doesn't mean they have to drink to have fun.

If you truly believe this you are a moron.

Seems to me that if you are trying to find ways to sneak alcohol on to a cruise ship so that your do not "have to" pay the cruise prices for alcohol, you may be in the latter category rather than the former.

MotionMan

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: purbeast0

Just a thought.

If you truly believe this you are a moron.</end quote></div>

Seems to me that if you are trying to find ways to sneak alcohol on to a cruise ship so that your do not "have to" pay the cruise prices for alcohol, you may be in the latter category rather than the former.

that is totally ridiculous, just because you can't drink alcohol and have your i am holier than thou mindset because you don'tt drink doesn't mean you should preach to others about trying to save a buck so they can drink on their vacation, or imply they are alcoholics

edit: this might be your answer, Zysoclaplem: http://www.prankplace.com/secr...ttu8_YwCFQIpFQodQTQ5DA

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: TheGizmo
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: purbeast0

Just a thought.

If you truly believe this you are a moron.</end quote></div>

that is totally ridiculous, just because you can't drink alcohol and have your i am holier than thou mindset because you don'tt drink doesn't mean you should preach to others about trying to save a buck so they can drink on their vacation, or imply they are alcoholics

edit: this might be your answer, Zysoclaplem: http://www.prankplace.com/secr...ttu8_YwCFQIpFQodQTQ5DA

I am just saying that if you do not HAVE TO drink and it is either too expensive to too much trouble to get alcohol, then go without. When I drank, I had fun, but could have fun without alcohol. If they cannot have a good time without alcohol, then that may be an indication of something.

MotionMan