Want to help our troops?

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Call your congresman and senator and try to get them to put a little pressure on the DOA or whoever is responsible to provide the required number of MRE's to our frontline troops.
I believe 3 are required but it can be cut to 2 when the situation is dire, but I dont think 1 a day is enough for a frontline combat team.

Thanks
Bleep

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
IT would be nice to GUARANTEE 3 per day. But those MRE are loaded with stuff, and often 1/2 of that stuff is tossed in the trash. 2 per day would be well sufficient to sustain the troops, and from personal experience I can tell you it sometimes is more convenient to have space for your equipment than boxes and boxes of MRE and bottled water when on the move. And that stuff can really bind you up too, taking as long as 4 days to have a BM, and often at the most inconveninent times.. :eek: IMHO

The enemy doesnt care if you need to take a dump in the middle of a firefight. :Q

I know that all sounds gross but its a fact.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Hey, I help them, think I'll call and tell them to bring the the fsck back home. Oops I tried that before this fiasco. Too late.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: mastertech01
IT would be nice to GUARANTEE 3 per day. But those MRE are loaded with stuff, and often 1/2 of that stuff is tossed in the trash. 2 per day would be well sufficient to sustain the troops, and from personal experience I can tell you it sometimes is more convenient to have space for your equipment than boxes and boxes of MRE and bottled water when on the move. And that stuff can really bind you up too, taking as long as 4 days to have a BM, and often at the most inconveninent times.. :eek: IMHO

The enemy doesnt care if you need to take a dump in the middle of a firefight. :Q

I know that all sounds gross but its a fact.

You mean... there are no "time outs" in a fire-fight? WTF?

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Bleep
Call your congresman and senatort and try to get them to put a little pressure on the DOA or whoever is responsible to provide the required number of MRE's to our frontline troops.
I believe 3 are required but it can be cut to 2 when the situation is dire, but I dont think 1 a day is enough for a frontline combat team.

Thanks
Bleep

I'm sorry I need a little clarfication. What exactly is the problem? Is it :

1. That the supply tail isn't providing enough MRE's, or
2. The troops don't have time or don't want to, or
3. They are being told to only eat one MRE a day or are only being provided one MRE per day when there is more available.

I trust the officers and senior NCO's to take care of their men. Getting Congress critters involved is way down on the options list.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Call your congresman and senatort and try to get them to put a little pressure on the DOA or whoever is responsible to provide the required number of MRE's to our frontline troops.

Thanks
Bleep

Find me the troops that are only getting 1 a day and i may consider it. So far i have yet to see any reliable source confirming that this is a real problem. In all the reports I've seen from embeds the troops have all they need. The pentagon has categorically denied that soldiers are not being properly provided for.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You can do what you want and say what you want to say. I am not bieng criticat of the supply lines only the decision by someone to only provide more than 1 mre per day. Let the guy that is eating this stuff decide if he wants 1 or 2, I know these marines are tough but heck everyone has to eat.
trust the officers and senior NCO's

I would not trust any NCO to be looking out for anyone but themself you may think that NCO's are the backbone of the service because you have no mind of your own and have bit into the corporate BS that the service has pounded into your head.
read this and see if you are living up to your creed.
The Chief is required to be a fountain of wisdom, the ambassador of good will, and the authority on personnel relations as well as the technical expert
You sure have failed to be a fountain of wisdom or the ambassador of good will. You are forever being confortational and try and slur anyone that not agree your point of view. You are without a doubt a techinical expert and I respect you for that but otherwise you recieve a failing grade.
Why do you insist on being so obnoxious and self serving your arroganance is is built in and can not be gotten rid of. This is what prevents you from being a
"Fountain of good will"
I bet this is galling to you that you cannot threaten me with putting me on report or bring me to a captains mass where you get your supelriors to fight the battles that you cannot win on your own.

Mastertech: What you are saying may or may not be true but dont you think that it is not right to supply most of the front line troops with at least 2 MRE and let the fighter decide for himself how much he needs?

Bleep

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
You can do what you want and say what you want to say. I am not bieng criticat of the supply lines only the decision by someone to only provide more than 1 mre per day. Let the guy that is eating this stuff decide if he wants 1 or 2, I know these marines are tough but heck everyone has to eat.
trust the officers and senior NCO's

I would not trust any NCO to be looking out for anyone but themself you may think that NCO's are the backbone of the service because you have no mind of your own and have bit into the corporate BS that the service has pounded into your head.
The Chief is required to be a fountain of wisdom, the ambassador of good will, and the authority on personnel relations as well as the technical expert
You sure have failed to be a fountain of wisdom or the ambassador of good will. You are forever being confertational and try and slur anyone that contridicts your point of view. You are without a doubt a techinical expert and I respect you for that but otherwise you recieve a failing grade.
Why do you insist on being so obnoxious and self serving your arroganance is is built in and can not be gotten rid of. This is what prevents you from being a
"Fountain of good will"
I bet this is galling to you that you cannot threaten me with putting me on report or bring me to a captains mass where you get your supelriors to fight the battles that you cannot win on your own.

Mastertech: What you are saying may or may not be true but dont you think that it is not right to supply most of the front line troops with at least 2 MRE and let the fighter decide for himself how much he needs?

Bleep

Is your ass getting tired from talking out of it all the time. I tried having a conversation with you via PM where you decided to write some of the same sh!t you posted here and then put me on your ignore list. I now cordially invite you to go fsck yourself old man. If the angst of having family in the ME has overwhelmed you, then I suggest you seek professional help. You are obviously having some deep emotional issues that are preventing you from having even the tiniest of coherent thought. You have attacked and attacked and attacked after having taken one comment way out of context. You know nothing of me, my service nor have you earned the right to even look at that creed. Whatever is up your ass old man, you really need to let it go. You are really starting to be extremely pathetic.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Bleep, having been an NCO for 18 out of 20 years of service, I must take issue with your comment. Very few NCOs are like that, especially in the close-knit, combat-arms units where the camaraderie is much more intense. Perhaps you can still find some of that kind of attitude in REMF units with all their space cadets and such. My soldiers always came before me, and I got the EERs/NCOERs to prove it! 99.9 percent of my peers felt the same way.

The way I see the SITREP, if reports can be substantiated, is this: When the units SP'd, they had a basic load of MREs. Some may have had more than others because they probably stockpiled cases on their victors in bussel racks, as I formerly did. The first shirts should have had even more rations in one of their 5 tons or deuce and a halfs down in the company trains, if they planned ahead. So far, the only reports I've heard/read have indicated that USMC units have been down to one meal per day. I'd say these units were probably in contact, or were isolated cases because their company/battalion trains were hit or separated.

I don't know about you, but I never ate while in contact.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I must say there is a lot of hostility here, I even have some. I must say that I have had my patroltism scoffed at by one of the above posters and now he accuses me of being mentally ill. Get down and dirty I say. I was a NCO and one of my best friends is a retired CPO who was in the submarine service, he just missed being on the Thresher when it went down. He is the one that pointed out to me the CPO Creed. I am not unfimiliar with NCO's or anything else to do with the military. You see it was the poster that now accuses me of being mentally ill that absoltuly stated beyond a shadow of a doubt that there were no democrats in the service and then tried to back off to 10% may be democrats thereby calling me, my family and all Democrats unpatriotic

He does not like it when a person talks back to him and he cannot impose some kind of punishment upon me. Nowhere in his last blast has he stated that he follows the creed that he holds so dear only that I have no right to even look at it. He attacked me first and nowhere in any of my posts have I ever mentioned his name, you see a guilty concience needs no accusers, his next step will be to whine to the administrator that I am attacking him when in reality I am only defending myself from the squalor and hatred that is spewing from his mouth. To disagree is one thing to be disagreeable is another, to now insult me because of my age shows the inibility to argue with any sense of fairness. Do you mean by this that the world would be a better place if I had not lived so long? Or is the contention that the older we get the dumber we get. Your arrogance and hostility will get you nowhere in civilian life which will surly come upon you sooner or later. I even complemented you on your expertise in your military duties which you ignored, which shows that you are so mad that you cannot think straight.
As to putting you on my ignore list, yes I did that because I choose who I talk to or not talk to I bet that really gripes you, you are a really sensitive person and I will try and not hurt your feelings again.

Bleep

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
I must say there is a lot of hostility here, I even have some. I must say that I have had my patroltism scoffed at by one of the above posters and now he accuses me of being mentally ill. Get down and dirty I say. I was a NCO and one of my best friends is a retired CPO who was in the submarine service, he just missed being on the Thresher when it went down. He is the one that pointed out to me the CPO Creed. I am not unfimiliar with NCO's or anything else to do with the military. You see it was the poster that now accuses me of being mentally ill that absoltuly stated beyond a shadow of a doubt that there were no democrats in the service and then tried to back off to 10% may be democrats thereby calling me, my family and all Democrats unpatriotic

Well bleep I'm thrilled that you actually know a Chief. Too bad none of it rubbed off on you. As to your last two statements I'v explained it time and again to you. Then I also produced the numbers to back it up. I see you continue to ignore that and continue rant and rave that I called you unpatriotic. I think if you go back and look you'll see I specifically commented on your service and sacrifice. Now why would I do that and accuse you of the things you say I am accusing you of?

He does not like it when a person talks back to him and he cannot impose some kind of punishment upon me. Nowhere in his last blast has he stated that he follows the creed that he holds so dear only that I have no right to even look at it. He attacked me first and nowhere in any of my posts have I ever mentioned his name, you see a guilty concience needs no accusers, his next step will be to whine to the administrator that I am attacking him when in reality I am only defending myself from the squalor and hatred that is spewing from his mouth. To disagree is one thing to be disagreeable is another, to now insult me because of my age shows the inibility to argue with any sense of fairness. Do you mean by this that the world would be a better place if I had not lived so long? Or is the contention that the older we get the dumber we get. Your arrogance and hostility will get you nowhere in civilian life which will surly come upon you sooner or later. I even complemented you on your expertise in your military duties which you ignored, which shows that you are so mad that you cannot think straight.
As to putting you on my ignore list, yes I did that because I choose who I talk to or not talk to I bet that really gripes you, you are a really sensitive person and I will try and not hurt your feelings again.

No bleep what I don't like is when the retarded accuse me of things that are untrue even after repeatedly telling them differently. As for the creed you're right. I owe you no explanation and I stand by the statement that you don't even have the right to look at it. That right is reserved for those who have earned it and you don't measure up. It is not necessary to mention my name when you quote my statements and my name is not Madrat so I won't be running to the mods. As to your comment about getting dumber as you get older, I don't know you so I don't have any idea if you were smarter when you were younger. However based on what you've posted here and your inability to understand plain english I find it hard to believe you were ever dumber than you are now. As far as the PM goes I'm on the ignore list because you didn't want to have this conversation in private where it belongs. Are you an old man or an old woman. I guess we'll keep having it here until the mods stop it. Oh and don't worry about my feelings or my temper. You've not gotten close to either. I will tell you what I worry about though Reverend and that's the people who are probably looking to you for guidance. It's too bad they're stuck with a bitter, oligophrenic old man who cannot even understand perfect english. Oh well it probably doesn't matter anyway. I'm sure you're like most clergyman, a snakeoil salesman, patting them on the back with one hand and emptying their pockets with the other.