Want a glossy finish for painting my pc, any tips?

Nintari

Mar 21, 2001
Can this be achieved by just using high gloss spraypaint? Shold I sand then prime, then paint then apply clear coat or leave off the clear coat?
Want to paint my case brght glossy white, would like it to be gloss enough to look like a cars finish.
Is it possible to wax a spraypaint finish?

Hapless

Jun 3, 2001
For a high gloss finish, you'll wanna prime and sand it. Between every coat of primer and paint, wet sand with a high grit sand paper. Same goes for the clear coat. After you're done painting, rubbing some 3M Imperial hand wax (I think that's what its called) will help bring out the shine. Good luck, and take pics!

Nintari

Mar 21, 2001
Going to start pating as soon as I can figure out what window to get or how to do something lol. So Far I have cut out around the intake and exaust fan areas to give a nice large airflow increase. Cant decide on a window because every component is a different color lol. MB is brownish, Sound is black, nic is blue and video card is green lol. Would like to find a window that matches the color of this translucent triangle on the front of my case. then everything would match and the color differences on te inside would not be as noticeable. Possibly looking in to a cold cathode light for later on but need to finish the case off first.

Thought abot doig a symbol instead of a window but cant decide between te imperial symbol from starwars or decepticon symbol. Thought about thundercats but figured would be too round and'm not that good with a dremel ;)

BobbyDrake

Feb 4, 2002
It can be done without a clear coat too. Just Do as above, but istead of puttign on a clear coat, use rubbing compound to buff it up, then apply the wax. You dont' have to do it this way, just offering another suggestion.