Wanna Play With New Toys?

bbqweed

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Hello Guys/Gals... Just thought I'd post this here because it does deal with electronics. Anyhow, I am in need of some help for a work project. I work for an electronics company and currently looking for potential product testers.

What does this mean? Well, it means that you can play with our gadgets before they are released onto the mass market. This also means that you can be the first to experience new technologies and upcoming toys.

What would be required would be as follows:

1-You would provide feedback on the product, manuals, packaging, accessories, ease of use, problems/bugs, and product improvement suggestions. This is just to name a few...

2-You would have to sign a legal document stating that you will not divulge ANY information to the general public, our competitors, so pretty much anyone other than employees of my current company. This is a common document called a Mutual NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). Sounds scarier than it really is.

3-As a participant, you would then qualify for discount on purchasing the products that you have tested. Not the actual test units, but the production units after we have released the latest and greatest.

Each Beta Test program/campaign can last between 1 week - 8 weeks depending on the complexity of the device, accessories, software, etc. Trust me, you'll have fun playing with our devices.

From time to time, we will have additional new products planned for release as well, so I may even seek your assistance on more than one device. Be the first on your block to play with our equipment.

So now you are wondering... where do you work? Well, I work for a GPS/Navigation company.

I'm initially looking for West Coast Beta Testers, but will soon need East Coast as well, then all across NA. I'm particularly interested in people who go boating (ocean and lakes), hiking, geocaching, etc...

If you are interested, let me know via PM or email me at < this link > . I would need a resume from you as well. NOTE: Beta testing does consume quite a bit of time, so if time is an issue for you, then I don't want to cause any divorces over this... But seriously, it does take some time.

Thanks!

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I'm west coast, and I would be interested in subscribing to your newsletter.
sent you a PM

bbqweed

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2000
In looking for beta testers, I am looking for a wide array of people. Some may range from expert GPS users, all the way down to soccer moms. Reason I am looking for resumes is to ensure that I have a good blend of all types of folks.

Like many focus groups, I will/may not use the same beta tester for subsequent applications. For instance, I would need some boaters for one application, while for others, I would need hikers. Different situations will call for different groups of people. Hence, I'd like to make my list as comprehensible as possible.

Hiking, Fishing, Lakes, Ocean, Driving... I need it all. There will be many additional features as well too. So I'm not trying to stalk anyone, just wanting to make sure that I am getting the right group of folks. The fact that we are all on Anandtech, tells me that we are not typcial soccer moms/dads or around the mill folks. We might even be considered, slightly savvy. But either way, it'll be good to boost my pool of folks.