Walmart B&M: All watch batteries $3.00 with free installation.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by cjchaps, Feb 24, 2003.

1. cjchaps

cjchaps Diamond Member

I needed a new watch battery, and posted a thread in OT about it. Someone mentioned this Walmart deal so I am just passing it along. I went into a Chicago 'burb Walmart, and for $3.00(includes taxes) I got a new battery, plus free installation. It took the lady about 5 minutes to change the battery in my Wenger Swiss Army watches, and I watched her the whole time to make sure everything went smoothly. This is a YMMV because I've only used the service in the Chicago area.

2. badluck

badluck Diamond Member

my Movado watch needs a new battery....might have to check it out.

3. DrunkenTaiChi

DrunkenTaiChi Member

Just watch out: last time I went to Walmart to replace my battery they ended up breaking my watch.

4. AUGrad

AUGrad Member

Good luck. I took my wife's Movado watch to Wal Mart for a battery, and they wouldn't touch it. They sold me the battery and let me use their tools (an old Swiss Army knife) to change it myself, but they are not allowed to change batteries in watches they can't replace from their stock. Maybe one day, Wal Mart will start carrying Movado. Until then, the free installation is not an issue.

To Wal Mart's credit, Target wouldn't even loan me their tools.

5. badluck

badluck Diamond Member

Yeah, Target won't touch it if they don't sell it.....jewelers want $10 to change it.

6. LoverBoyJ

LoverBoyJ Senior member

Last time I had my watch's battery replaced in some small shop, the guy made a big scratch while trying to pop the cover out with a blunt utility knife and still charged me $10.00 for the battery.:|

If I could work on my own watch it'll be safer on my hands

7. Harvey

Harvey Administrator<br>Elite Member
    Administrator

Mmmm... I need a new watch battery. Time to head over to Wally World. I'm getting tired of winding my sundial. ;)

8. alyosha

alyosha Senior member

The jeweler ruined my swimming watch with stroke count, by not putting the lid correctly, which killed the watch when it was used in the pool. Might as well get it replaced for cheap at walmart next time, next watch.

9. RDMustang1

RDMustang1 Diamond Member

3 walmarts around here, all 3 used to do it for $3, recently one of them said they don't do it anymore.. The one that doesn't do it will replace batteries for free if you bought the watch through them...

10. tydas

tydas Golden Member

Like I would let some clown at Walmart touch my rolex. ;)

11. Analog

Analog Lifer

good post, coincidentally, I was in Wally's World Saturday and did just that! $2.97.

12. PeteC

PeteC Junior Member

Last night I went to WM to get batteries for 2 watches at the jewelry/watch counter. They were out of one of the batteries. The lady told me to look in electronics, and that the batteries were cheaper there. The electronics person showed me where the batteries were. These batteries were $1.97 as opposed to $2.97 at the watch counter.

I changed the batteries myself. I wouldn't trust them to do it.