Walmart+ adds Paramount+ streaming for members

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
I just heard that Walmart+, hoping to compete more with Amazon, has added Paramount+ streaming for members. Unfortunately, it's the version with lots of ads built in.

There are quite a few decent shows on Paramount+. I was just saying the other day that Walmart+ would be more attractive if it had some sort of video included.

However, lots of ads? I think that might be worth $1 - $2 a month. It feels like Walmart just decided to add on whatever they could at pretty much no cost, and Paramount+ offered this, since it would
make them money with just the ads.

Would this offering make you interested in trying out Walmart+ ?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If I have to watch ads I refuse to pay for the service and even if it's "free" with ads I would be extremely unlikely to ever watch it.

The only exception to the above rule for me is live sports.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I got Walmart+ a couple of years ago. Probably wasn't the same as now but I didn't have any use for it. If Amazon ever starts to jack up prices, I will definitely check it out again though. So far, Amazon seems reasonably well behaved but we all know what happens when you have that kind of pow-ah over people.

The nice thing about wally world is that they rape both the suppliers and the consumers. I used to work in IT for cosmetics company. Walmart really made us cut into our profits in order for them to carry our products. I don't know the specifics, at least not at what was my level, but I do know that the negotiations went on for a very long time before we folded. You just can't say no when wally knocks on your door.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If Walmart's website didn't suck flaming donkey balls in hell this might make a difference.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If I have to watch ads I refuse to pay for the service and even if it's "free" with ads I would be extremely unlikely to ever watch it.

I would make no exception even for live sports. I timeshift every time so I can FF through commercials. I tried Sling (free trial) a couple times. The lack of FF and REW was the deal breaker, didn't matter how compelling the game was. So happens that the resolution and smoothness sucked too, but I could have tolerated that for a week or whatever but the commercials, count me out.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If Walmart's website didn't suck flaming donkey balls in hell this might make a difference.
They are pretty bad, but I shop there anyway sometimes. Crap website, though, yeah. I haven't been in B&M Walmart for close to 10 years, I figure. I get free shipping, they ARE best deal for some stuff.

I cancelled my Prime in June, don't miss it. I actually got my Zojirushi mug in one day anyway! Amazon's website is a nightmare in its own way. They totally blew it when they axed all the customer comments. They really had something special going there and they went and killed it, I was just WTF!!! :mad:

Last edited:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I might be the only American that has never shopped at a Walmart. Not even the website. Hope I never will.

• Wow
Reactions: Ken g6

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

We cut the cord over two years ago... and after two+ years of no commercials, I could never go back to regular TV.

We have Paramount+ (commercial free version). I can also stream live CBS shows, and there was one I wanted to watch without waiting until the next day, when it would be without commercials. Nope, I found the commercials far too annoying, and settled for streaming it the next day.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The only time my wife used their delivery service they took a delivered picture of our item on someone else's doorstep.

Doesn't surprise me. :(

The only way I'll order from them these days is for in-store pickup which halfway defeats the purpose of online shopping.

The website is still the biggest issue to me though. It's like a super-sketchy version of Amazon's "Marketplace" but without the safety-net of Amazon CS if you get screwed over.

Also the search doesn't work well at all... best bet is using Google.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
The only time my wife used their delivery service they took a delivered picture of our item on someone else's doorstep.
You know what the nice thing about that is? It demonstrates simple incompetence rather than anything more . . . . umm, "nefarious."

I am quite serious when I say this (full disclosure: it is pretty self-serving tho). Simple incompetence should be warmly welcomed. It just means that they're a bit off from what we could consider . . . whatever . . . normal, expected, assumed . . . level of competence. Like all things human, the mean and median are just rules of thumb. Even when you add 2 std deviations to that reference, you're still only talking about 2/3 of the pop. One third might not seem like much, but that's still 100M peeps (of course only 50M on the bad side side of the tracks).

To get back to the point, as irritating and annoying as it often is, it at least serves as some assurance that weren't more malicious.

You go to review some doorbell video and think 'Is she eying my package [yuk] trying to decide if it's a Patek Phillipe or hemorrhoid cream.

Of course not. But if you're first guess is simple incompetence, maybe they just like the different colors of ink.

Reactions: dank69