Wallet when through wash/dry

ViRaLRuSh

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2002
Never had this happen before, so I dont know exactly how this works. Is my credit/bank card going to still work ok? Should I put the wallet emptied out in front of the heat vent for a bit? Just curious as to what you guys would do.

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
The washer may not have done anything, but the dryer has probably damaged the magnetic strip on your card. You can see if a local merchant can run it, but chances are you're going to need to contact your credit card company for a replacement.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I've had a few wallets go through the wash. The bills get a little crispy and any loose paper gets shredded up, but other than that everything was fine.

Borracho

Banned
Mar 26, 2004
the best way to dry the stuff is to spread everything out on a couple paper towels and and microwave it for about 1 minute

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Shouldn't cause any problems, you might make sure you have cash available the next time you use your credit card just in case. Maybe try to buy something really cheap on it to make sure the Mag stripe still works. Spread it out and let it air dry.

-MC

lancestorm

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2003
Give me your credit card numbers and expirations and I'll see if they are still working okay ;)