Wall Street Journal provides evidence Trump is a "fake president"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Obama was obsessed that the Police were the cause of all evil and had 40 FBI agents investigating one White Police Officer in Missouri. If that is not abuse of power I don not know what is.

I think the real issue is that Trump is not a puppet for Wall Street and corporations. Remember that Trump owns and runs most of his companies as a single business with no public ownership. He is not a slave to Corporate ownership and corporate lawyers.
Oh not the stupid, "he's rich" so he can't be swayed argument again

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump is the culmination of the alternate reality pushed by the Republicans, he swooped in and fed the fanatics they've bred their favourite meal.

He's better at this than even Fox-

189184_600.jpg

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm a cynic, but it seems he's moving on his campaign promises.
You mean that healthcare that will be better, cheaper and the greatest?

I've seen no indication any of that will come to fruition.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013

I've seen no indication any of that will come to fruition.

How about, 'WSJ argues Trump is a "fake president."' Your titles are triggering.

"WSJ: Trump, the 'fake president'"

I don't know. Something without "evidence."

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Once Fox News dumps Trump I'll agree with you. Until that happens lemmings won't know what to do

When Fox News dumps him it will already be game over. Most likely the day after he boards the helicopter to fly out of the White House ala his doppelganger, Richard Nixon. Forecasting is all about catching the (reliable) early signs. That said, many of the same people claiming Trump isn't a true conservative/GOP were saying the same thing last summer when it looked like his campaign was doomed-so I may be jumping the gun a bit (out of hope, I guess).

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
How about, 'WSJ argues Trump is a "fake president."' Your titles are triggering.

"WSJ: Trump, the 'fake president'"

I don't know. Something without "evidence."

Yeah.

The word "evidence" does not belong.

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Can you explain why someone who isn't a puppet for Wall Street has nominated so very many people from Wall Street to be part of his administration? Was it just a big coincidence?

I can only find 3 that were Goldman Sachs or otherwise bankers.

How many do you claim there are?

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
wow, WSJ no less.

how about that.

It's an editorial.

Who wrote it?

Editorials often do not represent the views of the paper. OTOH, it could be from the Editorial Board, although I doubt it given the language etc.

I sometimes watch at least a part of their Sunday afternoon show. They are not, and never have been, fans of Trump.

Fern

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's an editorial.

Who wrote it?

Editorials often do not represent the views of the paper. OTOH, it could be from the Editorial Board, although I doubt it given the language etc.

I sometimes watch at least a part of their Sunday afternoon show. They are not, and never have been, fans of Trump.

Fern

It is from the editorial board, meaning it represents the views of the paper.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001

Looks to me that the ACA is going to survive. That being said, my insurance is much more expensive under ACA. I don't use it because of high deductibles. Kinda defeats the idea of prevention.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I can only find 3 that were Goldman Sachs or otherwise bankers.

How many do you claim there are?

Fern

1) Wilbur Ross
2) Steve Mnuchin
3) Steve Bannon
4) Elaine Chao
5) Gary Cohn
6) Jay Clayton
7) Anthony Scaramucci (Trump tried to nominate him but he failed the ethics check)

And that's just the low hanging fruit. I could probably keep going if I wanted. Safe to say his administration is filled to the brim with Wall Street types.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The editorial brings up one very good and important point: Considering he has shredded what little credibility he ever had with this wiretap nonsense, what happens if/when there is a crisis where he NEEDS people to believe him? If he said right now that we need to take military action against North Korea because they are preparing an attack on the US would anyone believe him?

Reactions: brycejones

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
And that's just the low hanging fruit. I could probably keep going if I wanted. Safe to say his administration is filled to the brim with Wall Street types.

We finally agree on something, I'm especially repulsed by Mnuchin.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
He's probably not fake per se, but in a sense they are correct because the office of the president holds no real power. DC is fundamentally and fatally broken. They are bickering over a healthcare bill that does absolutely nothing to actually fix what is broken in healthcare, namely medical monopoly pricing and all the other things that Karl Denninger rants about and no one but him even talks about. Between that and all these judges that block and stall the enforcement of simple black letter law such as 8 U.S. Code § 1182, it is clear that we have no functioning government. It is just a giant rats nest of stonwalling that serves to filter out all but the actions desired by a few large corporations.

The only real power the president holds is the ability to rally the people to vote out this scum in congress, and to do his small part in getting judges in there who dont legislate from the bench. But to what end? As I said his healthcare bill is useless and pointless. Is he going to stop healthy americans from being forced to pay the medical expenses of fat carb and sugar munching couch cows who rack up a million dollars in medical expenses due solely to their laziness and carb addiction? No. Is he going to drain the medical establishment swamp that came up with this bullcrap food pyramid that encourages people to eat this garbage that sickens them over time? No. Then he fixes nothing.

What flavor is your cool aid?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
FIFY "The President has vast amounts of power. He has an independent branch which is not subject to control by the other two except in cases where any petty bought-off judge can block his executive orders on no basis or legal precedent with the only purpose being to delay the process in the courts."

Damn! What flavor is that cool aid?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Thanks Eski, I'm blocked from accessing the WSJ site.

Fern

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Obama was obsessed that the Police were the cause of all evil and had 40 FBI agents investigating one White Police Officer in Missouri. If that is not abuse of power I don not know what is.

I think the real issue is that Trump is not a puppet for Wall Street and corporations. Remember that Trump owns and runs most of his companies as a single business with no public ownership. He is not a slave to Corporate ownership and corporate lawyers.

Just US banking interests that lend him money or the Soviets that he does money laundering for?

edit: forgot the "or"

Last edited:

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
What flavor is your cool aid?

In rational discourse, there are two subjects.

1. The problem.
2. The solution.

But all you want to do is talk about cool aid. Which is exactly why you and every moron like you is going to be merrily saddled with $10,000 deductibles and you will never even talk about why the hell you're paying so damn much. Jobs will continue to vanish because employers simply cannot afford to subsidize this crap and also generate a profit. And you aint gonna do a damn thing about it except talk about flavored drinks. Drink that.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Thanks. We now know that you don't know abuse of power when you see it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm a cynic, but it seems he's moving on his campaign promises.

It seems you haven't been following this healthcare plan. If you think that anything proposed in this plan (which Trump "supports"--but refuses to put his name to) is in any way related to his campaign promises, then you haven't been paying attention.