Wall Status, build a wall

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
No need to assume, that's what Trump explicitly stated.

But how smart can you be, to have thought it was actually happening, or could happen?
Fact is it did not, and now without Congress you'll never see Mexico "pay" for it.

What is wrong with slow. Last time he said this I linked the pdf of trump saying Mexico will pay for it right from trumps own website

But yet he is still beating that dead horse

I guess you cannot fix stupid

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I lost my secret Trump decoder ring so I can't tell when he's speaking literally, figuratively, but at least when he's speaking it's a safe bet he's lying. He has that going for him.

Reactions: tweaker2

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I had always assumed that Trump meant that Mexico will pay the wall through the trade deals he negotiated. I hate being the smartest person on AT P&N sometimes. Do you really think he meant that Mexico was going to simply write us a check?

That's what he said would happen. "Mexico will write the US a 5 - 7 billion dollar "check.

Video doesn't lie Sparky.
pic.twitter.com/Xtx39tyMj0

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Question for people who support a wall being built.

Can you direct me to the 30-40ft wall surrounding Nellis/Groom Lake? I presume since this argument is rooted in security, one of the most sensitive areas in the country would be equipped with similar 4th century big byuuuuuutiful wall technology.

Thanks.

Reactions: soundforbjt

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
That's what he said would happen. "Mexico will write the US a 5 - 7 billion dollar "check.

Video doesn't lie Sparky.
pic.twitter.com/Xtx39tyMj0

Coming back with an edit, I meant this for the retarded Spider man -- not Viper1, who had replied to him in the quote.

So here's SlowSpyder's remark:

SlowSpyder said:
I had always assumed that Trump meant that Mexico will pay the wall through the trade deals he negotiated. I hate being the smartest person on AT P&N sometimes. Do you really think he meant that Mexico was going to simply write us a check?

This is the problem with you Trumpies. The man slaps us in the face daily with insults and lies. Over and over and over again, Trumpie surrogates say "it doesn't matter what he says. Words don't matter."

But words do matter. In an accounting sense, taking umpty-ump billion dollars from the public treasury to build a wall -- regardless of its effectiveness and it truly is a medieval idea with negative consequences -- doesn't mean that any gains from a show-horse makeover of a trade deal replenishes those funds. Mexico doesn't pay for the wall -- period.

And you're lying to yourself and everyone else if you say "Well, I knew what he meant all along". That's hogwash, and given the things we've heard from your ilk in focus groups since mid-2016, none of you had a clue. Like everything else, Trump doesn't remember one month to the next what he had said at this, that, or another time. He's a con-man. He simply adjusts his words to make an excuse for his drivel. If he's caught in a lie that he made a year or two earlier, he constructs another lie in an attempt to cover it up.

Now you're telling us "we knew what he meant all along", but to the rest of us, words matter. They mattered to the President of Mexico, who denounced the idea. And we are going to hold you -- and Trump -- to his words. He said "Mexico would pay"? Fine! No . . . f***ing wall money! And frankly -- No . . . f***ing wall! Somebody will blow it up if it spans those protected wilderness areas, and bully good for them!

Let the heavens fall, but there'll be no wall. And by the way. If you want to build some monstrosity in testament to Trump, provided you live in a deep-red state, build the wall around your state. We'll be fine with that. The flyover shitholes only provide 38% of the economy, and we'd just as soon you keep everyone else out, or build a wall that keeps you in.

Unfortunately, just about every urban area or city in the Trump states is blue. So, to those people, my deepest apologies. To you, let me expectorate first, before I inhale my Spiriva.

Last edited:

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I lost my secret Trump decoder ring so I can't tell when he's speaking literally, figuratively, but at least when he's speaking it's a safe bet he's lying. He has that going for him.

That's because you lack the yuge intellect that Slow has.

Most of us get to live blissfully ignorant, while Slow has to deal with the struggle of being smart each and every day.

lol

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Most of us get to live blissfully ignorant, while Slow has to deal with the struggle of being smart each and every day.

lol

Well, better him then me. Thanks for your sacrifice, slow!

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004

lol
That's right! Ten or twenty years ago, they made a survey instrument to determine whether "Liberals" or "Conservatives" where happier. The significant statistical result? Conservatives are happier. Only the reader of the article or op-ed would conclude: "Ignorance is Bliss".

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My hope is that Trump gain new appreciation of walls in prison where he belongs.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
My hope is that Trump gain new appreciation of walls in prison where he belongs.
That's why I would rather see a successful impeachment as opposed to seeing him lose the 2020 campaign and election. The sooner that Virus has been removed from the White House, the better. The damage he does seems to climb exponentially over time, so imagine the second half-life of his term -- you will still underestimate the carnage.

Whether impeached or voted out of office, he can then be prosecuted for tax fraud, the emoluments clause, any conspiratorial collusion with the Russians. I'd like him put on trial for kidnapping refugee migrant kids. Two thousand counts of kidnapping, if the idea is not entirely baseless!

And then, Trump can redefine himself as he resumes a reality-TV presence. I've contacted MSNBC to prepare for an entire season: "Lockup: Presidential Suite". Of course, that would give the Great Deceiver another platform for his lies and absurd drivel. But I think the weekend episodes could be engineered to be very entertaining. "Tell us what it's like in that cell . . . " "Well, I lied about not drinking, so the Pruno here is pretty good. At least my terlit is stainless steel --- I'd have nothing less. Here -- I have plenty of books to read, but I don't like to read -- to be honest. I go to 12-step meetings as a Recovering Liar. Do I have to say it -- bigly -- big league?! These digs really, really suck!"

To the Base, I'll say this. "It's impossible to respect him, as he reflects you -- it is impossible to respect you. You get no respect."

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is one of the reasons I’m genuinely concerned as to what lengths Trump will go to in order to remain in office. He faces a real threat of going to prison otherwise.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

lol
Just like his glorious leader.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So here we have a situation where many Repubs have had to continuously lower their standards of what "being presidential" means to them, to the point where among other numerous debilitating anti-social habits, a narcissistic, pathological liar beholden to Vlad Putin and the Saudi's (among others) is someone worth defending to the very sad and humiliating inevitable end.

Trump's Wall of which has somehow turned into a sick contorted version of Defending the Alamo by Trump's supporters is a perfect example of how the Repubs have had to humiliatingly yet hilariously support Trump's worthless word and deed.

It is strikingly evident of how low some folks will go toward defending their leaders, yet more so significantly, defending the choice(s) they made in who they wanted to represent their interests at the highest levels of gov't.

Apparently, refusing to admit an error in judgement out loud is something that's so much more important than correcting the error post haste. Much better to let the nation burn to the ground than admit to making such a monumental mistake.

Trump is continuously pushing the limits as to what his supporters are willing to bear and looking at how dangerous Trump has become to the security of the nation, apparently there is no limit. The reason? The reason is these folks will not be held personally accountable for the choice they made and for their supporting this sham of a POTUS no matter the damage this useful Kremlin controlled idiot has done/is/will do.

Trump may be the sickness that is creating the mess we are in, especially so in the area of foreign relations, but his enablers are the ones who are spreading and sustaining this illness.

Last edited:

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Poor victimized trumpets, doesn't anyone care about their struggle, their plight against facts?

"Not I" said the little red hen..

If you REALLY want Trump to drop the idea of any kind of wall, tell him that he can have all the money he wants for a wall, under condition that his name cannot be associated with it in any way, shape, or fashion. The wall belongs to the American people, because it's government property. He can build the wall as long and as far as he wants but there will never be a T anywhere on it.

Then grab a bucket of popcorn, sit back, then try to count how many shades of orange to red his face will turn. He will drop the idea like a hot potato.

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Necroing this thread since @pcgeek11 has got a little confused

Where's your Orange god's wall?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Necroing this thread since @pcgeek11 has got a little confused

Where's your Orange god's wall?

I have no Orange God.

Trumps wall wasn't completed as he replaced with Biden who slammed on the brakes.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have no Orange God.

Trumps wall wasn't completed as he replaced with Biden who slammed on the brakes.
The wall was stupid and ineffective anyway though. Just a waste of time and money.

It was an emotional support program for conservatives, nothing more.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The wall was stupid and ineffective anyway though. Just a waste of time and money.

Hey now, if progressives get emotional support democracies and laws, conservatives get emotional support walls and dictaters. Only fair.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Clearly you don't understand deterrents or a layered defense. The wall, which is actually a fence, is universally the first layer in preventing egress into or out of any controlled area. Military bases, airports, construction sites, schools, playgrounds, and borders are all places where deterrent barriers are used. A fence alone will almost never stop an intruder, they work in conjunction with a second and often a third layer deterrent. The second layer can be guards, electronic monitoring, or land mines.
It's a system.

Reactions: pcgeek11