#walkaway2.0 Secret Service

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
There must be suffering from the many to benefit the one. This is one of Trump's cornerstone beliefs and one of which he has no regret, guilt or pause in pursuing. What does he care about his employees getting stiffed so long as he gets his way? They have to just suck it up, nothing personal you see. Too bad he had to pass that debilitating trait on to his children.

I mean, just look at his whole experience as a "businessman" for proof. True to form he's now in the process of wrecking the nation just as he's done with his businesses and because the Repubs in Congress already got what they wanted from him they're stepping aside, running for cover and letting him destroy himself with that hair trigger twitter finger and flapper lips of his.

Reactions: cytg111 and JSt0rm

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I have to admit, while Trump's immature brinksmanship could be very damaging, I am amused at the thought of him relenting on the wall simply because he can't imagine going without golf.

That and you really, really don't want to have a bunch of pissed-off Secret Service agents protecting you at a private golf course. They might 'accidentally' let people through.

Jan 25, 2011
Paid or not they will do their job and I don't suspect they would let anything at all happen. The optics for Trump, however, are really really bad but his base won't care anyway and will proclaim him a genius so...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Paid or not they will do their job and I don't suspect they would let anything at all happen. The optics for Trump, however, are really really bad but his base won't care anyway and will proclaim him a genius so...
Yep, scoundrels count on the willingness of decent people to remain decent people in the face of evil.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The optics for Trump, however, are really really bad but his base won't care anyway and will proclaim him a genius so...

Yes, this is what he thinks. His base is however not enough to win re-election though or to prevail anywhere that isn't deep red. Especially if the economy should turn (which looks likely within the next 18 months).

Trump could use some broadly positive PR at this point but is incapable or uncaring of doing anything that could generate it.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Ever heard of "Blue Flu"?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
They're still people.

And people don't like to be told it's raining, while someone is pissing on their head(s).

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm thinking Trump's security detail already despises him enough that they'd sorely regret giving up their lives for the sunkist nitwit.

I'd imagine that any of those folks that make up his loyalist base would quickly have a change of heart and hate him dearly if they had to actually work for the guy.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
It would be a strange fruit indeed, the person that would take a bullet for him.