#walkaway

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Pure slander. It's not like families seeking asylum need to be separated at all. Well, unless you're charging the parents as criminals, something they obviously are not. Declaring one's family to be asylum seekers at the border is not criminal other than in post-truth Trumplandia.

Sounds like open borders to me.

That needs to end.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Will you support preheating the ovens as well?
This is the problem here, we can't have an adult discussion. I don't like whats going at the border, I'd like to see a real solution, I'd like to hear ideas that might actually work, instead it's nothing but deranged posturing and hyperbole.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
This is the problem here, we can't have an adult discussion. I don't like whats going at the border, I'd like to see a real solution, I'd like to hear ideas that might actually work, instead it's nothing but deranged posturing and hyperbole.

How about starting with not tearing families apart???

What is wrong with you?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sounds like open borders to me.

That needs to end.

Not at all. When the govt feels the need to detain families of asylum seekers prior to a hearing then they can find a way to detain them as a family unit in the least restrictive fashion possible. Even if they're denied we need to treat them decently in the meanwhile.

Even more important is that we need to help improve conditions in Central America so that fewer will seek asylum in this country at all. That's anathema to the GOP, obviously. Shee-it, Sherlock- their meager efforts on behalf of our own citizens in Puerto Rico illustrate that entirely.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
How about starting with not tearing families apart???

What is wrong with you?

What's needed is a little Kosmic Karma. somebody needs to snatch Barron, and the demon spawn Kirstjen Nielsen (with a name like that you just KNOW her people came over on the Mayflower.. ) ;P and put them in cages for a while so they can get a good look to see life on the other side of the mirror.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Great idea. I can't imagine why no one has come up with that solution.

Because tearing apart families was the goal - they admitted as much.

I feel like the start of any serious discussion is for people to admit that illegal immigration isn’t actually that pressing of a problem for the US and we devote way too much time and effort into it.

Just make a path to citizenship for the people here and enact a vastly expanded guest worker program and be done with it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Vic

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

I feel like the start of any serious discussion is for people to admit that illegal immigration isn’t actually that pressing of a problem for the US and we devote way too much time and effort into it.

Just make a path to citizenship for the people here and enact a vastly expanded guest worker program and be done with it.

At some point, we just need to ship the Statue of Liberty back to France, and call it a day.

It's more than obvious that this country is no longer worthy of her.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That won't drive the ravers to the polls to vote for more trickle down goodness. That's the same with all GOP issues from abortion to guns to the culture war to you name it. No matter why you vote for 'em, what you'll get is more trickle down.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Great idea. I can't imagine why no one has come up with that solution.

That wasn't a problem before.

You created this problem. You voted for Trump/and/or you support his monstrous ideology: you are the problem.

Why are you, now, seeking for a solution to a problem that you created, and then casting about, blameless, for the problems that you created?

Why do you complain about some shit that you created, that you stepped in, and then go on yelling at other people to fix it for you? HOA dues coming and you'd rather rage into the defenseless pillow on your couch than own up to your mistakes?