Walk Out at my school To save this janitor from getting laid off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Originally posted by: newParadime
If the whole school does it, I doubt more than 10% of the people care about the janitor. Sounds like a good excuse to get out of class early though.

No, you don't understand, everyone knows the guy.

Hes on firstname basis with like at least 1/3 of the students (of whic htere are like 1800)

~new

He knows the names of 600 students?
At my university of 2000 people the dean of students knew EVERYONE'S name. I sh*t you not.
I predict that lasts 1 day and then everyone will go back to their normal highschool idiocy and forget all about this guy.
And you thought my prediction of stacked was easy :p

But the dean of students is dealing with students and their records all day, not unclogging the toilets.

Kishan

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: newParadime
If the whole school does it, I doubt more than 10% of the people care about the janitor. Sounds like a good excuse to get out of class early though.

No, you don't understand, everyone knows the guy.

Hes on firstname basis with like at least 1/3 of the students (of whic htere are like 1800)

~new

He knows the names of 600 students?
At my university of 2000 people the dean of students knew EVERYONE'S name. I sh*t you not.
I predict that lasts 1 day and then everyone will go back to their normal highschool idiocy and forget all about this guy.
And you thought my prediction of stacked was easy :p

How old are you Skoorb?

Frodolives

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2001
btw Yoyo I was noticing your "Bose is Crap" link, and I totally agree! Even apart from the selling out of the quality aspect I HATE them for their sleazy marketing operations.

When someone fraudulently obtained my credit card account number a while back they ordered a Bose stereo by a 1-800 call, and Bose happily mailed them an $800 product to an address OTHER THAN MINE without verification, nor notifying my credit card company. DIE BOSE DIE!!!

smc13

Jan 5, 2005
maybe you should take the time to actually find out why he is being moved to night shift before you protest? You could ask him, the principal, teachers. Why do something when you don't know the story. Heck, maybe you could actually confirm that he has 10 kids, too.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Frodolives
btw Yoyo I was noticing your "Bose is Crap" link, and I totally agree! Even apart from the selling out of the quality aspect I HATE them for their sleazy marketing operations.

When someone fraudulently obtained my credit card account number a while back they ordered a Bose stereo by a 1-800 call, and Bose happily mailed them an $800 product to an address OTHER THAN MINE without verification, nor notifying my credit card company. DIE BOSE DIE!!!

If you want more on BOSE, I think there might be a thread around here about it ;)

desteffy

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2004
that wont work! even less reason for them to pay him with one hour less of mess to clean up!!!

you should make a horrible mess of the place :thumbsup:

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
that's stupid. instead of trying to make up a reason to get out of school early, all of you should be calling the principal's office or sending in letters. Stop trying to find a moral excuse to cut class

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
What sort of guy with that job has 10 fvcking kids? He isn't a smart one is he?

Maybe not, but a hard working family man doing the right thing deserves respect, not the unemployment line.

Sounds good to me. I've participated in school walk outs before. Of course, protests alone don't always produce results, but they can bring attention to the issue by making some noise about it.

Make sure it's well planned, and that every student possibe knows about it. It's also much better if everybody walks out at a planned time during the middle of a class period. (I don't know whether it's too late or how advanced the planning is so far.) And tip-off the local media about the protest--crowd scenes make for great television. Make sure they know the guy's story, too.

And don't trash the joint, riot, or break any laws, aside from the minor civil disobedience of walk-out act itself. That's not what peaceful protests are for, and any negative action will produce negative results, ruining the entire effort.

Good luck.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Lazee
that's stupid. instead of trying to make up a reason to get out of school early, all of you should be calling the principal's office or sending in letters. Stop trying to find a moral excuse to cut class

You should all be doing that, too. But the protest is like a show of numbers and solidarity.