waiting on hold, waiting on hold, la la la, la la la

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Some places have nice hold messages. Some don't. This one fits into the latter catagory. The music is kinda crappy, it's like classical, but the end of the last song didn't seem to want to finish...it kept repeating the same note over and over again until it finally decided to die. And the message saying 'your call is very important to us. please continue to hold...' comes on way too rapidly. It comes on and interrupts the music every approx. 45 seconds. Obviously my call doesn't mean a damn to you, if it did I'd be talking with someone right now.

AAAAArgh.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Your thread title brings back horrid memories of Pee-Wee Herman. Connect the dots, la-la-la-la...

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
The thing I find very funny is how the phone companies always have the most pathetic phone systems. Southwestern Bell has so much static on their recordings it hurts your ears. Pacific Bell is not even capable of figuring out how to get music on their hold......Just another factor on how phone companiess just fscking suck!!!!!!

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I remember waiting on hold with Bell Atlantic to get my DSL fixed...they had music, but it was like the most sad music possible, if I had been depressed that music would've probably made me commit suicide. And the waits were like almost an hour there, so I probably could've.

Anyway, just got off the phone, turns out my cell phone is defective and I need to get it replaced. Fsck, back into manhattan I go. :(

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I feel your pain man. I hate like the first 2-3 times the "your call is important" voice comes on, you get all pumped thinking someone just picked up then.....beat down!