waiting on AIM (rant)

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
Have you ever wanted to talk to someone on AIM and they just aren't around? I keep checking to see if this guy who's SN I just got wants to talk to me, but he's been idle for like 22 hours! Ugh, can't you at least check your computer for something? Please!

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
are you sure he wants to talk to you? ;)

and yes i know how that feels. oh man do i know how that feels.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
It's happened to me before. Try doing something else for a few hours, leave him a message, and take your mind off of it.

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
LOL, no I am not "sure" but we have hung out a few times, and it was his best friend for the past 8 years that's actually psuhing me to IM him. I am scared as all heck. But we had a relaly godo time together, but I don't have his phone number, and he goes to a different college, so this is relaly the only way for us to talk right now.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
yes, whatever happen to the concept of instant messaging. People stay away for days, wtf is the point?

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by: chiwawa626
yes, whatever happen to the concept of instant messaging. People stay away for days, wtf is the point?

totally agree... he's now been idle for 22 hours 21 mins... ugh! I can't live without my IM. Talking on the phone limits the number of people you can talk to at once!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i dont let peopel see how long ive been idle cause im an ass. if they wanna talk to me Imme im most likely sittin there with an away message up. and because trillian lets me tallk with an away message up. people REALLY love that one :D

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
i dont let peopel see how long ive been idle cause im an ass. if they wanna talk to me Imme im most likely sittin there with an away message up. and because trillian lets me tallk with an away message up. people REALLY love that one :D

I hate poeple like you....

JK

Actually, I did IM him yesterday, but it was after he'd already gone to bed. Therefore, i am waiting to see if he'll actually respond to me.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
why don't you leave your email address and say "I want to talk to you, contact me"?

I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna sit around in front of my computer waiting for someone to send me a message.

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
well, I already sent him an IM, I so he has my SN, I don't see the point of leavign an e-mail as well. I mean if he wants to talk to me, he'll IM me... I am on AIM 24/7 since I am at school.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
maybe you should spend some time away from the computer.....

and this is a lifer speaking, that should say something :p

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
I'm waiting for AIM to allow leaving MSG's for offline members like ICQ. When it happens then it will own!