Wait or buy Mac Book Pro?

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
I never owned a MAC book ever. I have iPhones, tablets, and watches but never a laptop. Was wondering should I wait for the new Mac book pro or get the current latest version. From the looks of it it's not worth waiting because the spec upgrade is probably not even worth the extra $£? Appreciate the help. :)
I don't follow Mac book news so I have no idea lol

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I have a gold 2015 12" Macbook and it is an excellent device. I would advise you not to spec it with the fastest processor because a friend has the 1.1Ghz and it runs cooler and gets longer battery life than my 1.3Ghz/2.9Ghz version.

Apple devices are more expensive but have far higher resale value and depreciate far slower than other tech products.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
As Eug would tell you, wait.
They're still shipping Skylake CPUs FFS.
Heh. I've been very tempted to buy a Skylake MacBook 12". IBM Canada is selling refurb 2016 m3 MacBooks for CAD$913 with 15 month IBM warranty. Apple sells the same model for $1649 new, $1589 edu, and $1399 refurb.

However, I've so far resisted, to wait for the Kaby Lake models to see what they offer and how they're priced. (The IBM refurbs are actually basically used laptops, used by their employees for several months and then sold off with IBM warranty, ineligible for AppleCare)