Wacky New Zealand Radio Personality causes uproar by calling UN Secretary General "cheeky darky"

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I'm sure Kofi Annan sleeps better at night knowing he has a huge cohort of people to be outraged for him.

I somehow doubt that Mr. Annan would have been very offended at all at the jibe. It was in bad taste to be sure, but not as patently offensive and derogatory as some of the things someone in his position has probably been called over the years. Only those people are called "delegates" and have diplomatic immunity.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Freudian slips are great:p The right wing loves to mask themselves but enevitablity dictates the truth comes out from thier own mouths.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
i wish someone would write articles for all the horrible things radio "personalities" have said about political figures and other celebrities.

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Mr de Bres admitted that some New Zealanders held racist views.
Someone's election is hosed.:p

Oh, I don't know - there's not a country in the world that doesn't have a few racists, and I don't see that saying that will kill anyones chances

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: dpm
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Mr de Bres admitted that some New Zealanders held racist views.
Someone's election is hosed.:p

Oh, I don't know - there's not a country in the world that doesn't have a few racists, and I don't see that saying that will kill anyones chances

yeah, we all know its true...but i bet it would hurt a lot of numbers in this country if potentials made statements like that. sad, really.