w00t!! i got admitted to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

churchdoesmatter

Apr 6, 2001
i got admitted to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo today. my major is Computer Engineering (CPE). is it a good school? i applied there because it was my safety school.. im still waiting to hear from the UC schools.

Superdoopercooper

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2001
Awesome! Congrats! I jsut sold a DVD player to someone in San Luis Obispo. Had never heard of that city before. ;) :D Cal. Poly is good, tho.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Congrats!! Cal Poly SLO is an awesome school! SLO is quite possibly one of the most beautiful schools I've ever seen... the area, anyways, all the buildings were upgraded in the 70's... ugh.

If you're absolutely dead-set on Comp Engineering, go for it!! If you're not sure, then it may not be the best choice... they allow you almost no electives. Many of their four-year programs are comparable to a lot of professional programs.

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Oh, and if you're wondering, I'm CSC and am ditching CPE 219 Logic & Switching Circuits at the moment :) (3-4 class)

Pakaderm

Mar 8, 2001
Congrats. I graduated from CP, SLO in '99 with a degree in CSC. I loved going to school there. It was a lot of fun, I met good friends, and it did prepare me for the workplace, somewhat.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Congrats.

-Pak

Executor

Aug 7, 2001
Hey Congrats. I really would like to go there myself. I applied to Cal Poly and UCs and I'm just curious what ur gpa and sats were. I would like to know if I have a chance. I have a 3.7 and I got 1390 on my SAT! and an average of 650 on my SAT2s.

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000

<< Hey Congrats. I really would like to go there myself. I applied to Cal Poly and UCs and I'm just curious what ur gpa and sats were. I would like to know if I have a chance. I have a 3.7 and I got 1390 on my SAT! and an average of 650 on my SAT2s. >>

SAT2's are irrelevant to Cal State schools IIRC, Cal Poly for sure (since I never took them ;)). I had a 4.~~ weighted in high school with a 1360 SAT, ranked about 16 in my senior class. I probably could have gotten into a better school, but I'm living at home & other circumstances sorta prevented that. I never bothered applying to anything else.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I got in there last year for Mechanical Engineering. It's a great school for any engineering courses period. But I opted to stay closer to home and attend a UC. Being Asian and living in an Asian neighborhood all my life, I was a bit intimidated to attend a predominantly white school so far from home. Would've been interesting to try out but I'm not a very sociable person.

Spendthrift

Oct 22, 2001
cal poly slo is a great school. had friends that went there. they always had great things to say about it. youll have a great time.

Kermy

Sep 15, 2000
Congrats. I currently go to CP SLO as Industrial Engineering Major. Really nice town, small. I'm asian and love it here. Grew up in SF, but spend 5 years of Middle School + High school in a white town. You should come down to take a look if you haven't yet. Especially since it's summer. ;) Hehe...so close to the beach too.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
my friend goes to CPSLO, says it's a great school

i'm trying to transfer there myself ^_^

LiLRiceBoi

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2000
i kinda wanna go to slo too, but i dunno if i will get be accepted after the crap that happened this year...

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

<< w00t!! i got admitted to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo >>

You'll live pretty close to Thisismatt and I then. LOL Muahahahahaha ;)