w00t! finally got my new lappy with PICS!

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
well actually it's just a screenshot for now but i promise that before i leave tomorrow i will put some pics of this tank up.

as for systems specs:

2.6ghz p4
1024 megs pc2100 ddr ram
ati mobility 7500 64megs ddrm ram
extigy sound
built in tv tuner (yes there is a coax jack on the back of the laptop)
dual 40 gig hd's (5400 rpm i might add)
8x8x12 dvd/cdrw drive
floppy
built in mp3 player (it snaps into the side and can pop out and be taken with seperate from the comp)
full size keyboard with 10 number pad
16" uxga lcd 1600x1200 max res (@90 hertz)
firewire, usb, svideo in/out
front panel "dj player", can play cd's with the notebook closed and off

pics will soon follow, maybe tonight if i'm not lazy. purchased from www.pchertz.com , its actually a sager notbook.

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
There was a problem processing your request.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Please try again.
Thank you.

nice specs though

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
well this is interesting... my house just had a power surge, me being excited didn't plug the power adapter into a surge protector (dur he he, der's a lightnin storm out right now, i dun have no surge protector (in hillbilly accent)), coincidently it seems as though the power adapter is cooked, the comp on the other hand is fine, as far as i can tell, only has half battery left though, so i'm guessing like 15 min ;)

anyway, i guess i'm going to take some pics now, good thing pchertz is open tomorrow, now i can take it back and deal with their awsome return/repair policy </plug> ;)

pics in 10min :D

btw: 12 lbs

Lichee

Jan 2, 2001
omg! 12 lbs?!? that is heavier than the bowling ball i use. ;)

nice laptop though. too bad it doesnt have the M9000. eheh

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
yea nevermind, i guess the psu has a built in surge protector, i didn't see the little button, so now it's up and going again :eek:

uploading pics as we speak.

yea i know, m9000 was just announced a few days ago tho :-/ i guess it isn't all that much faster thatn the 7500 though, atleast that is what i've been told.

what really happened: the actual invoice for the computer was for a 2.4ghz p4, i guess sager was short on the 2.4's and told pchertz.com that it would be an extra week, being the nice guy that samir is (the owner, and i'm not all that sure if i spelt his name right) he upgraded the cpu to the 2.6ghz p4, free of charge. apparently the 2.6 was released within the past week...?

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
12 pounds, damn! You going to be traveling with it a lot ?

no, not really, it's my computer for my dorm. between classes and things like that. the program that i'm in at college requires a laptop, so i'm not going to look like a fool if i whip it out during class, since all of our classes are done on our own personal notebook computers.

pics are almost ready :D

SirDante

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2000
very nice...

does it have usb2.0?
warranty?
how much?

i'm looking for a similar setup :)

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Dude I was checking out your other Pics like the one with the pipe:Q Cool:D

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
sirdante:

no usb2.0, but it dose have two pc-card slots, so you can get a usb2.0 pc card adapter, i'm not sure if is a lappy with onboard usb 2.0... i'm probably wrong tho.
3 year warrenty from Phillips Maxnavox (sp) so unless they go out of business i'm in good shape, plus pchetz is local and they have an excellent warrenty/repair policy
price is 3400.00, but considering that it really is the best out... and it is faster than most desktops.

3dmark score was 5123, but that is graphics bias, anyone have some good system benchmarks?

Thats not a laptop... thats a small pc with a battery.
lets try a pc with a small battery, i'm only expecting like 1hr of bat. time from that thing, enough time to get from my dorm to class and get it plugged back in. (cool thing: campus here is wireless, can close it up at the dorm, go to class and not drop connection all the way there)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
ty :)

stev0 <- there isn't the slightest chance he is going to get sleep tonight :D

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
the guys at pchertz where trying to talk me into a set of klipsch 5.1's to go along with the extigy. (right now I plan on using boston kba4800's) it's sooooo tempting, i don't know what to do.... :confused: i will be watching a lot of dvd's with it the next few years, playing games is a given, cs, wc3, planning on starting neverwinter nights, music is always being played, most of the time during the day, and always at night while sleeping... it's just hard to justify having 5.1's in a dorm, and having nicer equip in there than what i have at home.

are the 5.1's really worth the $$? (btw they want 380.00 for them, but that includes their replacement plan, so if they get f00ked up i take em there, they give me new ones and they send my old ones in)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
how much it cost you?

3400, but that was including tax. and they system drives were swapped out for faster drives, stock system drive is a 40gig 4200rpm drive. pchertz bought that from me for 80 bucks and i payed another 20 for a 40 gig 5400 rpm drive.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
no one has input on the 5.1's? or maybe people do... but no one at 5am does.... :)

Lichee

Jan 2, 2001
dang. i loved that built in mp3 player you had there. very sweeet!!! that is cool to whip out a portable device from your laptop like that after uploading some songs to it and just taking it on the go.

btw, i dunno about the 5.1s, but i have a 2.1 setup and I thought the lack of digital wouldnt make a difference (i came from the FPS 2000) but it was noticeable. i could hear scratches and what not from the analog conversion process to my speakers. well, after awhile, I think ive gotten used to it and now i dont even notice any but the hard pumping trance tunes coming out of them.

now getting aside from the digital vs analog thing, if you have space for a 5.1 setup, think about setting it up. it sounds like you love music (playing it 24/7) so getting some nice speakers sounds like an investment. just be sure people dont go snooping in your dorm when they are not supposed to cuz it would be a shame to have them stolen. :(

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how much it cost you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3400, but that was including tax.
Gasp!!! For that price it better give you fellatio and cook you breakfast afterwards too.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Pretty impressive specs, I bet it cost an arm and a leg. I have a notebook I bought a month ago but it only has

1.6GHz P4
256MB
30GB
Radeon 7500 32MB
16'1" LCD

Check it out