w00t! Finally got a job interview!!

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I got an interview tomorrow at Costco Wholesale (It's called Price Club in the US I think) for a cashier/stocker position. I went for those pre-screening interviews about two months ago...waited in line for like 3 hours too!!

They called me up today and asked me to come in for an interview tomorrow.

I'm soo excited...finally get a job interview...two months into my summer.

You guys got any tips? Anyone know what they would ask?

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
probably "can you read?", just say no and they'll make you a manager or something

(no offense to costco employees)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Nope, it's called Cost Co over here, although I know it's Price Club out in like Pittsburgh. As for what they'd ask, I don't imagine that you'll really need any major skills, but just put on your happiest face, since if you're going to be on the floor, their workers are usually very helpful and cheery. Just smile, and you'll be fine.

Me however, I have no freakin clue what to expect tomorrow for my interview...

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Over here, the starting pay is 9.50 CDN...i wish it was 10 US..taht's like what...$15 CDN? Oh man..not even entry level IT ppl get a pay like that.

What kinds of questions can I expect for a retail job though? If they ask what I should do if a customer gets upset and things like that...my answer would be "try to calm the customer down, find out what the real problem is, make him feel that I'm on his side and helping him...and then finally if all else fails...call the manager and let him speak to the customer"

Sound good?

SammyBoy

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
Dude, it's costco. That's all.

I'm trying to tell you not to worry...it's friggen costco. Just dont be a total douche, prove that you can read or write (both are not necessary...after all this is costco), and you'll be fine.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I believe they are all Costco's now.

There used to be Costco and Price Club. Then they became one as Price Costco. Then they realized how stupid it sounds and went back to just Costco.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: SammyBoy
Dude, it's costco. That's all.

I'm trying to tell you not to worry...it's friggen costco. Just dont be a total douche, prove that you can read or write (both are not necessary...after all this is costco), and you'll be fine.

I hope your right! But in any case, I still wanna be prepared and do well...regardless of type of job/company.