W. Virginia prostitute steals gun & shoots man who may be National Serial Killer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Anybody can die doing any job. What's your point, other than being pedantic?

I would think his point is that a lot of the reason that serial killers target prosytitutes isn't because it's illegal, but because the serial killer may be infected with a religious notion that they are evil as a means to rationalize his actions and reduce inhibitions, we do the same when we dehumanize our enemies in war time. Right now this insanity says that Muslims deserve to die,

If that is his point I would not call it pedantic.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Anybody can die doing any job. What's your point, other than being pedantic?

Look to legalized abortion as an example. Doctors performing them were targets for awhile. Legalization of a profession that is considered "sin" does not in any way remove the stigma. So no, it's not like any other job.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
I would think his point is that a lot of the reason that serial killers target prosytitutes isn't because it's illegal, but because the serial killer may be infected with a religious notion that they are evil as a means to rationalize his actions and reduce inhibitions, we do the same when we dehumanize our enemies in war time. Right now this insanity says that Muslims deserve to die,

If that is his point I would not call it pedantic.

Exactly.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a hooker with a rake.

-EDIT- BEATEN! But mine is more accurate.
Actually, it would be more accurate to say the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is his own gun. Seems to fit in nicely with the statistics that say owning a gun makes you less safe, hehe.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
"Horatio, A W.Virginia prostitute stole a gun and killed a man that may be a serial killer."

latest

"In her line of work she's used to sending men out..."

david-caruso-csi-miami.jpg

"With a Bang!"
lol

Hooker shoots dead man? WTF? How does that make her a hero?
Duh, zombies.