VX2255wmb or W2207?

Doclife

Oct 7, 2007
I suggest you go out to BB or CC and look at them personally. The HP W2207 has been updated with the W2207H, which has VGA and HDMI video input. Monitor is 1 item that you'll probably keep around for a while and it is the screen that you will have to look at everyday. Thus, I wouldn't mind spending a little more money for a better monitor. Personally, I'm using the W2207 and I'm very please with it. Its color is vibrant, has USB ports, and rotateable stand.

Gravite

Feb 21, 2008
ok thx because right now i bought 2 monitors already online and i am trying to compare both of them. The viewsonic and the 226cw.

JSK07

Sep 12, 2007
I have the w2207h and it's a good all around display. I had to buy a DVI to HDMI cable since my 8800GT does not have HDMI outputs. Newegg cable for $10 worked fine. lol
I don't find glare to be a problem with the glossy screen. At least no more of an issue than my old 21" CRT.

I had the older model of that Viewsonic. VX2255WM. It was decent but I felt it had too much backlight bleeding. I also found it a hassle to configure to my liking.

I can't comment much on the 226CW. I saw it on display and it looked great. The salesman was pushing them as his "favorite" 22 inch LCD. I probably would have bought one but they were out of stock.

zod96

Platinum Member
May 28, 2007
I just got the HP W2207 myself. And I have to say its a dam fine lcd. Its got great colors, sharp text and no back light bleeding. On mine anyway. And you can move the screen to portrait mode which is nice. Even the view angles are ok for a 6 bit TN panel. Its a good all around lcd, all my games are fine no ghosting or blurring, I'd say go for the hp w2207. I also tried the samsung 2232gw and ended up liking the hp better. The samsung had a blue tinge to it, where the hp has great whites and blacks. Excellent lcd..

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Doclife
I suggest you go out to BB or CC and look at them personally. The HP W2207 has been updated with the W2207H, which has VGA and HDMI video input. Monitor is 1 item that you'll probably keep around for a while and it is the screen that you will have to look at everyday. Thus, I wouldn't mind spending a little more money for a better monitor. Personally, I'm using the W2207 and I'm very please with it. Its color is vibrant, has USB ports, and rotateable stand.

The W2207 has USB ports? I've been using this monitor for 6 months and I didn't know it had them.

But to the OP, I have to recommend the W2207 too.

Doclife

Oct 7, 2007
Originally posted by: coldmeat

The W2207 has USB ports? I've been using this monitor for 6 months and I didn't know it had them.

The USB ports are on the left hand side of the monitor

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: coldmeat

The USB ports are on the left hand side of the monitor

I'll have to check that when I go back home. That would be really handy because the ports on the front of my PC don't work.

Gravite

Feb 21, 2008
Wow everyone is recommending the w2207... So should i get the w2207h or the w2207 or are they both the same?

zod96

Platinum Member
May 28, 2007
I'd get the w2207 not the H, I don't feel like having to buy a hdmi adapter I want to run my lcd right out of the box :) Plus its cheaper by about $20 :) then you have to buy the hdmi adapter which is like $10 I think so all in all the regular version is about $40 cheaper for the same thing :)

Gravite

Feb 21, 2008
oh ok one more thing. You know the w2207 is glossy screen so if theres a stuck pixel, how can i massage it since the glossy screen is hard like glass.