VW Commercial

Matilda

Apr 24, 2006
Has anyone seen the VW commercial, what do you think about it? I love watching Slash and John Mayer go to town on their guitars. VW is giving away a First Act guitar if you buy now a VW from now until the end of December! I think it's a good idea to give stuff away cool stuff when you buy a car. Its a great way to remember the product. I don't think any one else is doing anything like it.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
How much do those guitars cost if you were to buy them at retail?

Couple hundred dollars? If so, it's a clevor way for VW to attract young consumers, and a stupid reason to buy a VW for consumers.

Matilda

Apr 24, 2006
Not exactly sure how much a first act guitar is. I know they make beginner guitars that are a little less expensive however the ones they are giving away with this promotion are selling on ebay for several hundred dollars and are said to be collectors items. I would agree with you in its a clever way to attract young consumers. Have you seen the commercials?

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Those guitars are crap.

That other douche was John Mayer? He's supposed to be good, huh? What a total schlep; laughable.

I enjoy VWs, expecially my GTI!

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I saw the one with Slash.

Honestly, I've never really been a fan of VWs commercials. I was reading an article on my lunch break about the advertising company that does all of their stuff, along with the BK stuff. That would explain why I don't like the BK commercials either.

Once those stupid chicken rock-band commercials came out, I stopped eating at BK for a long time.

OpenThirdEye

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Those guitars are crap.

That other douche was John Mayer? He's supposed to be good, huh? What a total schlep; laughable.

Before you start bashing people, you may want to use that handy-dandy spell checking tool in FF 2.0. :roll:

EDIT: I like the commercials...the guitars are crap, though. I like my "Fast" that I received when purchasing my GTI Mk V earlier this year. :)

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: OpenThirdEye
Those guitars are crap.

Before you start bashing people, you may want to use that handy-dandy spell checking tool in FF 2.0. :roll:

I'm using FF 1.5.0.7, smartie pants! I'm guessing that your referring to the spelling of John Mayer? I only copied the spelling from the OP. I don't know or care how to spell his name, so don't bash the basher! ;)

OpenThirdEye

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2004
Those guitars are crap.

I'm using FF 1.5.0.7, smartie pants! I'm guessing that your referring to the spelling of John Mayer? I only copied the spelling from the OP. I don't know or care how to spell his name, so don't bash the basher! ;)

Actually...I was referring to your spelling of ESPECIALLY. ;)

:beer: for another GTI owner though!

Matilda

Apr 24, 2006
I am curious if consumers that buy VWs, if they like the guitar and the amp and will they use it. Does anyone have a friend that has gotten a VW and a guitar?

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Those guitars are crap.

EDIT: I like the commercials...the guitars are crap, though. I like my "Fast" that I received when purchasing my GTI Mk V earlier this year. :)

"When you do 0-60 in 5 seconds, you dont need a make believe caharcter called "Fast""

Loved that Subaru ad.