VPN services

Discussion in 'Security' started by mmntech, Sep 6, 2012.

1. mmntech

mmntech Lifer

I'm thinking about setting up a VPN to secure my internet connection, and watch region blocked video. What service are you guys rocking? I've been looking at WiTopia and Personal Internet Access. They're $50/yr and $40/yr respectively.

I'm not too up on the various technologies they use for security. Neither retain data though, which is good. Both offer unlimited data and speeds as well. What do you guys think I should do?

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/
    https://www.witopia.net/products/#matrix

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - services Forum Date
    Yahoo hacked...locked me out...What email service should I use? Security Dec 9, 2016

3. 1sikbITCH

1sikbITCH Diamond Member

I almost made a similar thread tonight and came to see if anyone else had.

I just got done installing TorVPN to test it out. It's free for browsing (1 GB cap) and then has tiered packages for more bandwidth. It's a LOT faster than TOR, and from what I have been reading is more secure. I think I could actually use this 24/7 depending on how bad video suffers.

I would like to hear from some more knowledgeable people. It seems to me that any of the top 5 would be acceptable.

4. boochi

boochi Senior member

5. weovpac

weovpac Golden Member

#4 weovpac, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  6. dawks

dawks Diamond Member

My buddy uses unblock-us.com to watch US based content. Its not a VPN, just DNS servers. You sign up with them ($5/mo), and change your DNS settings, and you can consume US content.. Hulu, Netflix, etc.

7. nfm

nfm Junior Member

anonine.se is quite good.