Voting machine manufacturer’s lawsuits thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So, since we were just discussing Rudy in another thread, evidently he was deposed in the Coomer (former employee of Dominion) lawsuit in August. In a nutshell, he admitted that he got some of his evidence from "social media." And that he made no effort to verify any of this information before defaming Coomer, claiming he was too busy and just didn't have the time. I guess he didn't have a staff to do it either. And of course, he was too busy appearing on Fox News 11 times defaming Coomer and Dominion to have the time to verify if any of it was true...

Like I keep saying, he's going to lose and lose badly.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
It's interesting how they exactly how the vote manupliation is working but can't show how they got the information or show any evidence of the manipulation.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
You'd think after decades of the Corporate owned Repub leadership scamming their grass roots party members and then Donald Trump taking it all to the stratosphere and beyond, at least half of them would have wised up by now, so I'm going to safely assume that those folks would much rather believe The Big Lie and all those other obvious big fat lies being spread by their leaders than face the fact that many more millions of folks than them would rather live in the real world where trusting in science, seeing things for what they really are and have faith in how our leaders are elected (other than those states where the Repubs are stridently corrupting the process in their favor).

If I'm to follow the hollowed out logic of what the GOP leadership is filling the hollowed out heads of their members with, there is no depth to which the conspiracy being mounted against them will bottom out at, that everyone else in the nation is in on this conspiracy to destroy their nation that these "self-anointed conservative saviors" of same are trying to protect for their own purposes and antiquated anachronistic beliefs.

They are the victims and everyone else, that being the whole rest of the nation, is plotting against them. I really wish it could be made clear to them that the "everyone else" that threatens them is trying to give them everything in the Biden BBB plan that these self-deluded victims would be the direct beneficiaries thereof, yet are incredibly refusing to accept these benefits based purely on the fact that these benefits can only be acceptable if their own party wants to give it to them. And we already know their leaders are actively trying to refuse these gifts and are also attempting to take away what gifts have already been given. Question being do they know this and if they do why aren't they up in arms over this?

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Nov 17, 2019

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
you didn`t read the article...
There will be no amicable legal settlement agreed upon by both parties!
Which is what the judge asked them to do!
Attorneys for Dominion Voting Systems—signaling that a legal settlement is not in the cards—have labeled MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell a "schoolyard bully."

Dominion launched a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Lindell in February 2021 for falsely claiming that the company's voting machines were used to facilitate massive voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election. Lindell is an outspoken supporter of former President Donald Trump's false claims that the election was "stolen" from him and unjustly awarded to President Joe Biden.

In a Monday night court filing, Dominion attorneys compared Lindell and MyPillow to "bullies" while asking a judge to move their lawsuit forward and dismiss a counterclaim that was filed by Lindell's attorneys. The Dominion lawyers argued that upholding the counterclaim could have wide-ranging and detrimental effects on other cases.

"The proverbial 'schoolyard bully who can't take a punch' is not even the right analogy," the lawyers wrote in the filing. "Lindell and MyPillow are bullies who, after attacking their victim in the schoolyard, claim that the victim is forbidden from going to the nurse to dress his wounds, or to the principal's office to have them held accountable."

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
What surprises me is that Lindell and his lawyers have been refusing to show up at meetings for the discovery process...and say they should not have to participate until their appeals to dismiss the case are exhausted....and the judge has been letting them get away with it.
And the "speedy" wheels of justice grind on, going nowhere in neutral gear ... article mentions expected trial date not until 2024!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
you didn`t read the article...
There will be no amicable legal settlement agreed upon by both parties!
Which is what the judge asked them to do!
Attorneys for Dominion Voting Systems—signaling that a legal settlement is not in the cards—have labeled MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell a "schoolyard bully."

Dominion launched a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Lindell in February 2021 for falsely claiming that the company's voting machines were used to facilitate massive voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election. Lindell is an outspoken supporter of former President Donald Trump's false claims that the election was "stolen" from him and unjustly awarded to President Joe Biden.

In a Monday night court filing, Dominion attorneys compared Lindell and MyPillow to "bullies" while asking a judge to move their lawsuit forward and dismiss a counterclaim that was filed by Lindell's attorneys. The Dominion lawyers argued that upholding the counterclaim could have wide-ranging and detrimental effects on other cases.

"The proverbial 'schoolyard bully who can't take a punch' is not even the right analogy," the lawyers wrote in the filing. "Lindell and MyPillow are bullies who, after attacking their victim in the schoolyard, claim that the victim is forbidden from going to the nurse to dress his wounds, or to the principal's office to have them held accountable."

Um...which results in the same thing. I didnt think I needed to post the article just the link.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Weird. The general rule is that you cannot appeal the denial of a motion to dismiss until after trial in the matter. Not sure why Lindell was even allowed to appeal at this juncture.

Reactions: Thump553

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Um...which results in the same thing. I didnt think I needed to post the article just the link.
No it does not result in the same thing!
The lawsuit will go forward with or without the participation of Lindell and his legal team!
My bad i forgot how ignorant some people are on these forums!