Sep 23, 2014
Last edited:

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
They need to go after each person spreading these false claims. Not sure I expect much from them but if they get one of these guys initially, the rest better watch out. I clearly expected more activity on from Dominion on this.

They are fighting to salvage their corporate name (and life). My best guess is that they will push hard on the lawsuits and not settle-an uncollectable judgment that bankrupts the other side (assuming this sort of intentional behavior can be discharged in bankruptcy) would be an acceptable result.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
They are fighting to salvage their corporate name (and life). My best guess is that they will push hard on the lawsuits and not settle-an uncollectable judgment that bankrupts the other side (assuming this sort of intentional behavior can be discharged in bankruptcy) would be an acceptable result.
IIRC a judgement from a court case would not be a form of discharged debt in a bankruptcy case.

Reactions: Pohemi

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
bummer.
I mean, that's pretty much why L.L.C. exists and is criminally easy to obtain, right?

:(
Yea, but she's not licensed as an L.L.C., just a lawyer, certain other forms of debts cannot be forgiven either, student loans and judgements to name a few. Lets say I'm driving drunk and irresponsibly cause you injury, a judgement from your lawsuit I could not discharge through bankruptcy. You have been damaged both physically and emotionally and the court would rule against me, similarly, Powell caused Dominion great damage by repeatedly claiming their product could and was hacked to steal votes for Biden, now future potential customers might think twice before doing business with them.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yea, but she's not licensed as an L.L.C., just a lawyer, certain other forms of debts cannot be forgiven either, student loans and judgements to name a few. Lets say I'm driving drunk and irresponsibly cause you injury, a judgement from your lawsuit I could not discharge through bankruptcy. You have been damaged both physically and emotionally and the court would rule against me, similarly, Powell caused Dominion great damage by repeatedly claiming their product could and was hacked to steal votes for Biden, now future potential customers might think twice before doing business with them.

yeah but it would (if it could) apply to clownholes like that Mike Lindell cheese-fucker.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and jman19

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Judgments can be discharged in (Ch. 7) bankruptcy. Certain types of liabilities cannot be discharged-for example child support, injuries caused by drunk driving, student loans in nearly all situations and-relevant here-debts for willful and malicious injury to person or property. She could still file Ch. 11 or 13 to get around the willful and malicious injury to property claim, But if a bankruptcy court finds the damages to be willful and malicious she can almost certainly kiss her law license goodbye.

I don't know but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there were already proceeds started to disbar Powell.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Judgments can be discharged in (Ch. 7) bankruptcy. Certain types of liabilities cannot be discharged-for example child support, injuries caused by drunk driving, student loans in nearly all situations and-relevant here-debts for willful and malicious injury to person or property. She could still file Ch. 11 or 13 to get around the willful and malicious injury to property claim, But if a bankruptcy court finds the damages to be willful and malicious she can almost certainly kiss her law license goodbye.

I don't know but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there were already proceeds started to disbar Powell.

Yes, The Kraken could file bankruptcy if the judgement is against her and she owes damages. The other part of this is that she could lose her law license and her ability to make a living. Usually they would give her some options, since settlement may be in both party’s best interest here. She pays an amount and then makes a statement. It will also hold that she can never comment on voting machines, voter fraud or an election outcome. As for disbarment, that can happen with or without the judgement.

As for Mr Worst Pillow on the Planet, he has some assets. I do like the advertising slogan, “These pillows are made from the softest skin from a late term abortion.” He will really like to see that billboard from his cardboard box and shopping cart full of what is left of his empire. I am sure God and Jesus will still be by his side unless they both realize what a hypocrite he really is. Or maybe he can join the other fools on TV funding his judgement by fleecing those who watch TV to be saved.

It’s a mess and they both need to have a slander judgement shoved down their throats.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Looks like they just filed against Rudy.

The big picture: Dominion's founder and CEO John Poulos told the Axios Re:Cap podcast earlier this month that the company has not ruled out filing similar suits against President Trump, MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell and others who have spread election conspiracy theories.
yes, please, it probably be ruinous for trump, but then he could get another bankruptcy under his belt.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I’ve read some about these lawsuits from Dominion and what’s interesting is that they actually have a good chance of winning. Usually in politics defamation suits don’t go anywhere because there’s some base level of hyperbole and lying that’s considered part of the game.

Here though, instead of saying ‘Dominion hates America argle bargle’ these clowns made pretty clear statements of fact, many of which are demonstrably untrue.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yeah the consensus seems to be these defamation cases are, for a change, pretty solid. Appears they're working their way up the food chain here. Would not be surprised for a few media outlets to be next and eventually the former president.

Reactions: Pohemi and Zorba
Mar 11, 2004
It'll get even better as I bet that in an attempt to prove their claims they'll either get caught asking Russia to hack those or paying other hackers to. That or they'll claim they already did or will attempt to leak classified info showing that the NSA is capable of it or something. Or best yet, they reveal that the GOP had been doing it to win elections and will end up throwing napalm on Republicans' as they attempt to fuck over voting.

There's a reason they're so adamant that the machines are compromised, we've seen over and over and over and over that if they're this insistent, its because they were partaking in it.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I’m very interested in how discovery would work here—for both sides. I’m curious if we’ll ever get to see the origin of the Big Lie—why did Ghouliani and the Derp Crew believe that Dominion was somehow in cahoots with Hugo Chavez’s ghost and flipping votes for Biden??? Where did that theory come from??

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
It'll get even better as I bet that in an attempt to prove their claims they'll either get caught asking Russia to hack those or paying other hackers to. That or they'll claim they already did or will attempt to leak classified info showing that the NSA is capable of it or something. Or best yet, they reveal that the GOP had been doing it to win elections and will end up throwing napalm on Republicans' as they attempt to fuck over voting.

There's a reason they're so adamant that the machines are compromised, we've seen over and over and over and over that if they're this insistent, its because they were partaking in it.

In reference to the Dominion voting machines, since they're not connected to wifi or the internet....how do these supposed hacks happen? And I'm sure Powell and Drooliani both understand the voting terminals produce a paper output, and that's what's actually counted, so there's like no way to change anything that wouldn't be immediately detected.

What Powell, et al, should be concerned about are the ES&S machines, machines repeatedly demonstrated to be hackable at a drop of a hat.

Mar 11, 2004
In reference to the Dominion voting machines, since they're not connected to wifi or the internet....how do these supposed hacks happen? And I'm sure Powell and Drooliani both understand the voting terminals produce a paper output, and that's what's actually counted, so there's like no way to change anything that wouldn't be immediately detected.

What Powell, et al, should be concerned about are the ES&S machines, machines repeatedly demonstrated to be hackable at a drop of a hat.

I think just about all the voting machines have been shown to be hackable (I know some time back they had a hacking competition even and I think every single one got cracked).

That's not to say it absolutely happened, let alone on the scale it'd have to have happened for the nonsensical claims about the 2020 election by white supremacists, but anyone acting like there's no security issues at all with US elections is being delusional as well.

Honestly it feels like this is a lot of work when a simpler, easier, setup would also enable a system for verification that would be more agreeable to average people. Make it easy to vote, and then just give clear "thank you for voting, this is how your vote was tallied, please check and confirm". Maybe give a small incentive to participate (but something that wouldn't make people willing to forfeit it either so people aren't going to just sell their vote or something). Maybe like a national lottery where you vote, get a ticket, and then they pick numbers and you win various prizes (nothing too crazy - so no hundreds of million dollar single payout; and also things that wouldn't benefit just a single person, so maybe higher prizes would be that you'd win your student loan debt paid off, or get extra tax credits, things that would be completely tied to you and that basically other people couldn't really benefit from even if you were willing to sell your vote but that would be worth enough that people aren't going to vote a certain way in exchange for a fairly small sum).

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
yes, please, it probably be ruinous for trump, but then he could get another bankruptcy under his belt.
Filing for bankruptcy won't help him if he gets sued By dominion and loses, as judgements for defemination that include willful and malicious intentional action are not dischargeable under bankruptcy.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I’m very interested in how discovery would work here—for both sides. I’m curious if we’ll ever get to see the origin of the Big Lie—why did Ghouliani and the Derp Crew believe that Dominion was somehow in cahoots with Hugo Chavez’s ghost and flipping votes for Biden??? Where did that theory come from??

Their only defense to these claims will be that what they said was true, or at least, that they had some reason to believe the statements to be true, some evidence. Discovery will work like with any other lawsuit. If they are going to claim truth as a defense, Dominion will have every discovery tool available by law to explore that defense. Including deposing Powell, Guiliani and all the rest of them. Trump too, if they choose to file suit against him.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So, casting lies as if there were no consequences to them does have its limits. Who'da thunk that huh? Certainly not some very honest entertainment news channel that purports to deliver fair and balanced news 24/7. And certainly not some honest God fearing thick gold necklace wearing seller of heavenly pillows and most certainly not some honest patriotic politician who was innocently campaigning for her president of whom was speaking words that amounted to a seditious act that resulted in his followers committing insurrection based on his "suggestions".