Voter fraud is not a make up story from evil racists..details inside

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Barthlomew Claiborne is accused of attempting to register people to vote in Natchitoches Parish who were not residents of the parish. The alleged incidents took place last fall, District Attorney Van Kyzar said today.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...oter-fraud?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Valid ID with picture to vote is the way to go. We have to show ID to check out a book, buy a pack of cigarette or a pack of beer, why not showing ID to vote? Oh nooooooo, that's sooooooo racist.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
He was most likely going to exploit the absentee or mail in voter forms. Anyone who is against measures that would hinder voter fraud support voter fraud. There really is no other way to look at it. If everyone can get an ID for free, then why shouldn't it be required? BTW I don't even necessarily support the ID shit, I just think we really need to talk about voter fraud especially as more and more people want digital voting. That shit just will not fly with me at all.

IMO We need to have a set voting period, no mail in or absentee ballots and implement some sort of marking system like the purple ink on the finger to prevent people from voting multiple times in different districts. Just taking those steps alone would be a step in the right direction towards curbing voter fraud and not actually disenfranchising anyone who doesn't want to participate in the ID system.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Yes, let's have yet another voter photo ID thread. That way the usual suppression cheerleaders can ignore the past ten times their arguments were dismantled, and repeat them again as is they're now magically true. It's right out of Rove's playbook: just repeat the lies often often and the unthinking sheeple will begin to accept them as true.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Yep I know for Fact The repulsives will commit voter fraud, Our organization is going to try to prove voter fraud this year with camerias . Viewing people voting at differant polls . All 10,000 members will be active . I hope wife lets me use her smart phone.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
He was most likely going to exploit the absentee or mail in voter forms. Anyone who is against measures that would hinder voter fraud support voter fraud. There really is no other way to look at it. If everyone can get an ID for free, then why shouldn't it be required? BTW I don't even necessarily support the ID shit, I just think we really need to talk about voter fraud especially as more and more people want digital voting. That shit just will not fly with me at all.

IMO We need to have a set voting period, no mail in or absentee ballots and implement some sort of marking system like the purple ink on the finger to prevent people from voting multiple times in different districts. Just taking those steps alone would be a step in the right direction towards curbing voter fraud and not actually disenfranchising anyone who doesn't want to participate in the ID system.

The day after the election, there will be no organized push for a voting ID policy.

The whole movement exists only as a strategy to affect who votes.

It's not much different from gerrymandering, constant invocation of wedge issues which will never be addressed (abortion, I'm looking at you), and assorted other electioneering strategies.

File it in the same category as messing with advance poll timing, changing poll locations on election day, and having insufficient polls in some areas to allow everyone to vote in any sort of timely fashion.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
The day after the election, there will be no organized push for a voting ID policy.

The whole movement exists only as a strategy to affect who votes.

It's not much different from gerrymandering, constant invocation of wedge issues which will never be addressed (abortion, I'm looking at you), and assorted other electioneering strategies.

File it in the same category as messing with advance poll timing, changing poll locations on election day, and having insufficient polls in some areas to allow everyone to vote in any sort of timely fashion.

Which makes no sense to me. The problem doesn't go away simply because we don't vote for another little while. We need to make sure that we have an efficient system that isn't easy to game. Currently I view it as incredibly easy to game and anyone who really wanted to cheat could.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
So how does needing a photo ID prevent voter fraud?

I always find it funny when people bring up these sort of things as photo ID would do nothing to prevent the problems they are worried about.

In person voter fraud is a none issue, there are far easier and safer ways to change election results and votes. Which is why worrying about this stuff is soooo stupid. As it isn't a problem.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I always find it funny when people bring up these sort of things as photo ID would do nothing to prevent the problems they are worried about.

In person voter fraud is a none issue, there are far easier and safer ways to change election results and votes. Which is why worrying about this stuff is soooo stupid. As it isn't a problem.

It doesn't. Lawyers in the PA voter ID case admitted it.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

As long as absentee or mail in ballots are allowed, it doesn't. It effectively though reduces the chance people can cast multiple votes in varying districts though. This is the least efficient way of committing voter fraud and only those who have it down to a science or those who are to stupid to do mail ballot fraud even attempt it. All the good fraudsters now use mail in or absentee ballots to fuck up elections. Florida is notorious for it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Yes, because photo ID stops college kids from getting liquor so perfectly well...It's gotta work this time for voting right?

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
Which makes no sense to me. The problem doesn't go away simply because we don't vote for another little while. We need to make sure that we have an efficient system that isn't easy to game. Currently I view it as incredibly easy to game and anyone who really wanted to cheat could.

Your problem is you think voter ID pushes have anything to do with 'preventing gaming of the system'.

The exact opposite is, in fact, true.

Think about the potential benefit. If you cheated ridiculously, at every easy opportunity, you could manage what? Five votes? Ten? A number that simply will not swing an election, even a close one.

If you can play with the rules, and frustrate even 1-2% of voters, centered on an unfavorable demographic into not voting, you are into election changing results.

I honestly don't think it's needed, but the day after the election is the day to pass legislation that says 'in two years you will need photo ID'. Then you need to make it free and relatively painless to acquire.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Yes, because photo ID stops college kids from getting liquor so perfectly well...It's gotta work this time for voting right?

It's seriously a non-issue. I would like there to be photo ID requirements, but I honestly just don't see a need for them as other measures will take care of it without requiring anyone to really go out of their way. Purple ink on the thumb that lasts 1week+ would basically nullify the need for one which would be multiple voters. Photo ID doesn't stop those from registering to vote who shouldn't be registered, so it does nothing really there. Like I said and like anyone who does any research into voter fraud in the USA, the issue is mail in ballots and absentee ballots. If you want to curb voter fraud, which is an issue, then those need to go away. Republicans have long abused the absentee ballot system, you can find at least one article for every election cycle going back 3 decades.

3chordcharlie, those are what others push these issues for. For me it's simply a poor security system. No one would ever use similar security measures for ANYTHING important that they themselves were responsible for, why would we allow such abysmal security measures to be ok then? It shouldn't be. Again, I'm not a huge advocate the photo ID as I see viable solutions that don't require it, though I would prefer it.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, let's have yet another voter photo ID thread. That way the usual suppression cheerleaders can ignore the past ten times their arguments were dismantled, and repeat them again as is they're now magically true. It's right out of Rove's playbook: just repeat the lies often often and the unthinking sheeple will begin to accept them as true.

They already believe- raving about it is just their way of affirming their faith, showing solidarity with each other. It's like Chimps hooting in the Forest, calling back & forth to each other...

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
3chordcharlie, those are what others push these issues for. For me it's simply a poor security system. No one would ever use similar security measures for ANYTHING important that they themselves were responsible for, why would we allow such abysmal security measures to be ok then? It shouldn't be. Again, I'm not a huge advocate the photo ID as I see viable solutions that don't require it, though I would prefer it.

Oh, I get where you're coming from on this.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
They already believe- raving about it is just their way of affirming their faith, showing solidarity with each other. It's like Chimps hooting in the Forest, calling back & forth to each other...

The question I like to ask myself is how did this great nation built of such evolved morality produce in a bit over two hundred years such pathetic shit, such unfeeling, disgusting brain dead garbage. How did such putrefaction arise. How could such shallow disrespectful puss infect grow out of the greatest nation on earth. America needs to vomit and spit this trash down a toilet.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Your problem is you think voter ID pushes have anything to do with 'preventing gaming of the system'.

The exact opposite is, in fact, true.

Think about the potential benefit. If you cheated ridiculously, at every easy opportunity, you could manage what? Five votes? Ten? A number that simply will not swing an election, even a close one.

If you can play with the rules, and frustrate even 1-2% of voters, centered on an unfavorable demographic into not voting, you are into election changing results.

I honestly don't think it's needed, but the day after the election is the day to pass legislation that says 'in two years you will need photo ID'. Then you need to make it free and relatively painless to acquire.

If these lying garbage bags gave the slightest flying fuck about voter ID they would be out there on the streets knocking on doors to make sure every citizen had one to show at the polls. All they are is lying hypocrites.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well take the case of my mother, someone anyone take my mother. But my momma is 85 years young and can think better than most of you on this forum. But my mommy has this little problem, she is blind in one eye and can't see very well out of the other one. As my mommy quit driving a car voluntarily 10 years ago.

And even if my mommy lives in a solid red State, at least she can easily obtain a photo ID and retain her right to vote.

But still when it comes to voter suppression, it still mainly occurs in Southern States, where they make obtaining a photo ID damn near impossible for non-drivers. As voter suppression by photo ID becomes the replacement for old Jim Crow poll taxes.

As I also observe, our present SCOTUS, as horrible as they are now, are still at least all over voter suppression like stink on shit. But we never know about the future.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Well take the case of my mother, someone anyone take my mother. But my momma is 85 years young and can think better than most of you on this forum. But my mommy has this little problem, she is blind in one eye and can't see very well out of the other one. As my mommy quit driving a car voluntarily 10 years ago.

And even if my mommy lives in a solid red State, at least she can easily obtain a photo ID and retain her right to vote.

But still when it comes to voter suppression, it still mainly occurs in Southern States, where they make obtaining a photo ID damn near impossible for non-drivers. As voter suppression by photo ID becomes the replacement for old Jim Crow poll taxes.

As I also observe, our present SCOTUS, as horrible as they are now, are still at least all over voter suppression like stink on shit. But we never know about the future.

The hole in your story is that old people are disproportionally likely to be white.

So Republicans are going to suppress their own white voters with Jim Crow poll taxes?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The hole in your story is that old people are disproportionally likely to be white.

So Republicans are going to suppress their own white voters with Jim Crow poll taxes?

Yes. They figure they'll gain more than they lose, because their base is locked & loaded, voting with the fervor of zealots- every time, every election, including a special local election for dog catcher...

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
The arguments have never been dismantled. This is why the topic keeps coming up. Until you can prove that people have actually been prevented from voting because they didn't have ID which BTW, virtually everyone needs in our modern society, this topic will never go away.

You want common sense to be overrun by weak arguments presented by yourself and people who think like you. A case has never been presented that is worth considering. Frankly, I think the tendency of the left to defend the underdog is rather quaint and sometimes entertaining. But when it crosses the credibility line, it reflects poorly on the individual making the argument.

And please, save us the argument about spending money on something that is a non-issue. Some of the most hair-brained spending boondoggles have come out of the left. You're masters at wasting money. This argument has never had wings and was grounded from the get-go.

Put it to rest by bringing a case to the SCOTUS. Until then, let common sense prevail. Prove you're a citizen, prove you have the right to vote at the polling place you showed up at or received an absentee ballot from by providing ID to show you are who you say you are. It's little more than common sense and by arguing against it, you show that you have none.

But if the shoe fits, wear it.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
The arguments have never been dismantled. ...
Certainly not to you, naturally. But of course you've proven again and again you live in an impenetrable partisan bubble, driven solely by your RNC-approved emotional faith, immune to fact and reason. Funny how multiple appellate courts have concluded voters are, in fact, disenfranchised by these laws, and that GOP suppression proponents have consistently failed to show there is any material level of in-person voter fraud. No, you're not burdened by such facts because you BELIEVE!!! Your party has assured you they're right and all those pesky courts are wrong, that the suppression of left-leaning demographics is only a happy coincidence, so you are a good little sheep, munching your grass in mindless bliss as only a true believer can.