Voter Fraud by Republicans

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
https://thinkprogress.org/north-car...-see-hours-long-lines-fcffa0151748#.uspqquhy0

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/25/wis...oting-site-because-more-democrats-would-vote/

Can you who are voting for Trump defend this?

There has to be more cases than just 2 states and definitely more than dead people voting..

"Slashed" early voting hours? From the article:

More sites will open next week, and the county will offer slightly more total early voting hours than it did in 2012.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
"Slashed" early voting hours? From the article:

Cherry picking I see.. Read this with your cherry tinted sunglasses..

After North Carolina’s attempt to eliminate an entire week of early voting wasstruck down by a federal court in July, many Republican-controlled county election boards tried to take matters into their own hands. Dozens of countiesvoted to slash the number of early voting locations — especially targeting areas of high Democratic voter turnout like college campuses and African-American neighborhoods. Many, but not all, of these cuts were blocked by the state Board of Elections.

This year, 17 North Carolina counties will provide fewer total early voting hours than in 2012, and three counties that offered early voting on a Sunday in 2012 got rid of that option. Though the state is offering more early voting hours overall than residents had in 2012, many counties are offering no evening hours, making access difficult for people who work one or more jobs.

One of the areas with the longest lines this week — Charlotte’s Mecklenburg County — offered 22 locations for the first day of early voting in 2012. This year, they offered only 10. Voters reported waiting for more than three hoursto cast a ballot.

Jan 25, 2011
On Wisconsin, their law states that an early voting location can't be in a place that heavily benefits one particular party. The clerk was clarifying if that is the case as she believed the university would heavily skew democrat. The argument from the Dem rep was that the university already serves as a regular polling place so it should be allowed since it is accessible to all in the area, not just students.

As for NC, I think we already had a thread on this where they slashed them and cut out days that Democrats used heavily. Wasn't a Sunday cut out because Dems would organize voter trips from their churches on the Sunday?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Good thing Republican SCOTUS decided to neuter the voter protection of the Civil Rights Act because, you know, evidence of the Act stopping all of these things from happening over the last 60 years is obviously evidence that it was no longer needed!

derp.

So glad that PoS Scalia and his malfunctioning brain is worm food. Yes, that sounds crude, but he truly was a vile sonofabitch, and this country still suffers from his hate.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
On Wisconsin, their law states that an early voting location can't be in a place that heavily benefits one particular party. The clerk was clarifying if that is the case as she believed the university would heavily skew democrat. The argument from the Dem rep was that the university already serves as a regular polling place so it should be allowed since it is accessible to all in the area, not just students.

As for NC, I think we already had a thread on this where they slashed them and cut out days that Democrats used heavily. Wasn't a Sunday cut out because Dems would organize voter trips from their churches on the Sunday?

Yeah, Sunday voting in NC was the big deal. That has historically been when blacks vote in greater numbers--busing and carpooling organized by and for their churches. It isn't a Dem thing--but only by association because blacks primarily vote democrat. And this has long been known. The decision by the district court or whatever that struck that down was both damning and precedential--that really is no ambiguity left as to the GOP clearly targeting the black vote with their shenanigans. But, here they go: scammers march on and try the next shady tactic. Good thing the Civil Rights Act is still there to enforce the law, right!

right?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Since Mecklenburg County is cited as the worst example and led by a board of commissioners consisting of 6 Democrats and 3 Republicans, maybe you should start by asking them why they decided to do this "slashing." I would also like to see you address one of the points made in the article you linked:

But he says he’s concerned that state standards for early voting schedules remain unclear. No state law currently requires counties to offer the same early voting hours as past elections or open polls on Sundays, but State Board of Elections members showed a preference for plans that mirrored previous schedules.

“If we’re going to have some local authority, we need to have some local authority,” he said. “I think what has concerned some of our (county) boards of elections is they don’t know what to expect. They are treated by an ever evolving standard in front of that board.”

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I think your "articles" are merely an attempt to discredit Trump's win on election night. Classically speaking, voter fraud has long been held as territory for Democratic shenanigans.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Yeah but Lebensraum.. Liberal/ Mexican/ Muslim/ Brown Concentration Camps.. right back at you with your own retarded logic pal.

I see plenty of nutters using the name "Killary." Minority concentration camps... haven't heard that sick one yet. Stick to Infowars.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I think your "articles" are merely an attempt to discredit Trump's win on election night. Classically speaking, voter fraud has long been held as territory for Democratic shenanigans.

Clearly you will not see anything is wrong till your house is burning in a civil war brought upon by your messiah Trump.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I see plenty of nutters using the name "Killary." Minority concentration camps... haven't heard that sick one yet. Stick to Infowars.

There is some crazy shit out of there on Stormfront man.

Some of the worst is saved for women who are in relationships with non-white men.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
There is some crazy shit out of there on Stormfront man.

Some of the worst is saved for women who are in relationships with non-white men.

Oh I believe it... let me guess, "race traitors?"

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
North Carolina legislators specifically requested data on voting practices by race and then upon receipt of the race data, the General Assembly enacted legislation that restricted voting and registrations in five different ways all of which disproportionately affected African Americans.

Typical of the GOP filth that needs to be eradicated from this earth...

Reactions: 1sikbITCH

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

That's not 'classically speaking,' that's just you wistfully talking out of your ass.

Get back to us when your Rs stop ghost voting or actively trying to disenfranchise voters along racial lines. Until then, it's just more hypocritical projection from the usual peanut gallery.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
North Carolina legislators specifically requested data on voting practices by race and then upon receipt of the race data, the General Assembly enacted legislation that restricted voting and registrations in five different ways all of which disproportionately affected African Americans.

You'll only confuse them with facts I'm afraid...

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
https://thinkprogress.org/north-car...-see-hours-long-lines-fcffa0151748#.uspqquhy0

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/25/wis...oting-site-because-more-democrats-would-vote/

Can you who are voting for Trump defend this?

There has to be more cases than just 2 states and definitely more than dead people voting..

same Wisconsin where liberal areas opened early voting earlier then the rest of the state because having uniform hours is against the law according to some judge appointed by a liberal?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
same Wisconsin where liberal areas opened early voting earlier then the rest of the state because having uniform hours is against the law according to some judge appointed by a liberal?

Yeh, it's obviously liberals' fault that conservative districts didn't begin voting at the same time. Some kind of Kenyan voodoo time warp mind control, obviously.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
There was some video uploaded on "some social site I am too embarrassed to admit I visit", which is known to be full of rambling and ranting right-wingers. The video showed some Rep guy admitting "voter suppression" and how they try to take Black votes away from Clinton.

The validity of the video is not even of interest here.

What is of interest is that EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of the raving Trumper lunatics commented that this is totally ok, "well everyone does this" etc., the same guys who're otherwise getting a conniption over any other (fake) video shown that claims voter fraud by the dems.